This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Rajeeb Banstola 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Rajeeb Banstola.

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 9:27 pm #3964245

tomN-13

i'm getting 404 error of a product link.
I sync it and cache cleaning.

hidden link

June 6, 2019 at 12:10 am #3964573

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Can you please go to WordPress Dashboard - Settings - Permalink and save the page?

Let me know if that resolves the issue.

June 6, 2019 at 4:35 am #3965843

tomN-13

Of course I did this. It makes no difference.

June 6, 2019 at 6:20 pm #3971467

tomN-13

Still no fix? I'm not pleased with wpml. I'm using for my clients translate express. Damn thats much easier and hell faster. I bought wmpl for a customer, but it have many bugs. Why don't work the products slugs.

June 6, 2019 at 8:45 pm #3971941

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience.

I'd like to have you try a few things so we can try to isolate the issue. This is just to help me identify if it might be a conflict with another plugin or theme that is causing the problem.

IMPORTANT: Please backup a working copy of site files and database before continuing.

Update all WPML plugins & WordPress core.

Disable all plugins except WPML related and then temporarily change the theme to a default WordPress such as TwentyNineteen. With these settings, is the issue resolved?

If you don't have a testing environment available and cannot test this on your live site, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/.

This will allow me to set up your site locally and run these tests for you.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply. I will also need the username and password of a user that was created before the duplicator package was created.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it. Thanks!

June 6, 2019 at 10:37 pm #3972367

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Can you please confirm the Duplicator package link? I get a 404 error with the link you sent.

I've marked your next reply as private as well.

June 6, 2019 at 10:39 pm #3972369

tomN-13

No, you may look at the site in realtime. No need for duplicator.
I have backups. I have already send the login.

June 6, 2019 at 10:41 pm #3972371

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for confirming. I'm looking at your site.

June 6, 2019 at 11:09 pm #3972409

Rajeeb Banstola

Hi,

Thank you for your patience.

The reason it was throwing 404 error is because the permalinks were set to same text for different endpoints.

Please go to Settings - Permalink and set the permalink for your default language. Make sure each of the text is different for Product Category, Product Tag and Product Permalink.

Now go to WooCommerce - WooCommerce Multilingual and edit translations for the slugs for each langauge.

Here, please make sure none of these slugs conflict with any of the slugs in your default language and in the same language as well.

I changed the slug for English language and it is working now. I'm not sure if the current slug will work for you. You can see your product in English here - hidden link

Please change as necessary.

Let me know if you have any questions