This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
August 4, 2019 at 12:37 pm #4336369

jacekm-7

Hi, i am having an issue when i am at my translated page and try to open some product it most of times open as untranslated product. The url has language parameter lang=en but breadcrumbs are showing up as untranslated and TM extra product options Global form applies as to non translated product. Why is that happening? My products are mostly not translated because i have not found a way to translate them in bulk yet. I have 1000 products with same description and i do not want to click through all of them to just mark them as translated.

August 5, 2019 at 2:41 pm #4341351

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

Do I understand right, that you would wish to visualize the same product on all languages, withour translating them?

If so, go to WPML -> Settings -> Post Type Translation and set the post type "Products" to "translatable - fallback to default language".

Let me know if you need anz further assistance regarding the breadcrumps and the Plugin WooCommerce TM Extra Product Options.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 5, 2019 at 4:29 pm #4342027

jacekm-7

Hi Andreas, it set as you suggest but it is not my problem. I'll try to make it more clear. Set as above if click untranslated product what should i see? Should i see translated breadcrumbs and translated TM Global form? Or not? Earlier it behaves that was showing translated breadcrumbs and TM Global form but now it is not.

Best regards

August 5, 2019 at 5:15 pm #4342185

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Did you realize that the translations did not work anymore after adding a specific plugin or any late update?

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.
More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Let me know about the outcome in orde rto assist you further.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 5, 2019 at 5:34 pm #4342263

jacekm-7

Ok i have tried to make steps backwards and found that "Adjust IDs for multilingual functionality" have to be checked in WPML>Languages. I ve disabled it because of slow queries. I suppose that to try to to eliminate slow queries from WPML i should start new thread? Anyway, thank You for your help.

August 5, 2019 at 5:59 pm #4342451

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

Could you please use a tool like Page Load Time for Google Chrome and let me know how are the page generation times with and without WPML?

hidden link

Further, please follow the steps on this documentation in order to enhance performance. In case you still discover many slow queries based on WPML, String Translation or TranslatioN Management please provide us a link to a download of a Duplicator package.

hidden link

Packages with Duplicator are for free up to a size of 500MB. The following documentation explaines how you can set filters easily in order to minimize the package size.

hidden link

I have enabled your next message to be private in order for you to provide the download link for the package. Also include a list of your plugins for our developers. The site will be escalated to our performance team once we received your reply.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 7, 2019 at 9:53 am #4353385

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

I am Jamal from the support team. Andreas has assigned me this ticket as I am conducting performance checks on client sites regarding the use of String Translation and also against our development version of String Translation. As you may have read our announcement, we will be releasing a new version focused on performance.
https://wpml.org/2019/06/wpml-4-2-7-and-a-preview-for-next-major-updates/#faster_st

For this, I'll need to take a Duplicator copy of your website. Would you allow me access and authorization to take a copy of your website? If yes, the private box is activated to share credentials safely.

Best regards,
Jamal

The topic ‘[Closed] product links to untranslated products’ is closed to new replies.