This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 13 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by The J 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
May 16, 2019 at 7:23 pm #3829203

The J

Product names change to "Home", when a variation is added to cart (through the shortcode add_to_cart id=xxx].

Same issue as here https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-names-are-being-updated-for-no-reason/

When I deactivate WPML completely, the issue goes away, so it is WPML causing it.

It's pretty bad, since we constantly need to rename products and customers get confused because of products that are suddenly names "Home" in cart and checkout too.

This is a pretty critical bug.
When will it be fixed?

Thank you

May 17, 2019 at 2:26 pm #3835249

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

I have escalated this ticket to our 2nd tier support team, and will update you here as soon as I have more information.

May 17, 2019 at 2:30 pm #3835263

The J

Unrelated question: is it safe to upgrade to PHP 7.3? is WPML and all its addons fully compatible?

May 17, 2019 at 2:39 pm #3835293

Lauren
Supporter

I haven't personally tested it, but one of my colleagues is using 7.3.1 and there have been no problems with WPML. So everything should work fine.

May 20, 2019 at 2:45 pm #3848103

The J

Any updates on this???
Customers keep making orders and on their receipt products show up as Home... it's PRETTY URGENT.
Thanks

May 20, 2019 at 4:48 pm #3849113

Lauren
Supporter

I don't have any update from the developers, however I have seen that many of the tickets with similar issues were caused by conflicts with other plugins. Do you have a development copy of your site where you can test minimal settings and see if the issue is still happening? If not, I can set one up for you and we can test it there. Just let me know.

I also noticed that your WP Memory is below the required limit. While this may not be related to the current issue, it could cause further issues. Please try increasing the WP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

May 22, 2019 at 1:23 pm #3866115

The J

It's already like that, as you can see from wp-config.
Dont think you are reading the amount of memory correctly from WPML debug, because other plugins read it right (256mb).

May 22, 2019 at 4:44 pm #3868171

Lauren
Supporter

IF you go to WPML -> Support do you see that it shows the correct amount? Perhaps the debug information entered on your ticket was submitted before the WP memory was increased?

Also, were you able to test with minimal settings?

May 27, 2019 at 12:19 pm #3897037

The J

Yes I see Memory limit 512M.
The issue didnt seem to occur anymore, after upgrading WooCommerce to the latest version, but it seems like it's back, after updating WPML WooCommerce plugin....... -_-

You will see the issue by adding a product from its single product page.

Please test and let me know what you find out because it's getting really annoying (you can disable any plugin you want, it's a test site).

May 27, 2019 at 1:34 pm #3897727

Lauren
Supporter

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

May 28, 2019 at 12:29 pm #3906869

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for sending the site files. I don't see a zip file of your database dump in there. Could you please share a link where I can download the database?

Also, I see in your test site that there is an update available for WooCommerce. Please update to the latest version and let me know if this changes anything.

Lastly, can you tell me where you are inserting the shortcode for add to cart? I did not see it on the individual product pages.

May 28, 2019 at 12:49 pm #3907135

The J

As written in my previous post.....

>>>>> A mysql.sql database export file can be found in the wp-content folder. <<<<<<

YOU can update whatever you like in the site I sent.... it's a TEST SITE.
If you need to test, update, verify, deactivate plugins, edit the theme or anything else, YOU can do it too, so we dont go back and forth forever 🙂

It seems that after updating this time, the issue is gone, but PLEASE do test too, since it seems the issue comes and goes randomly too often.

The shortcode to add to cart, is exactly where it should be: woocommerce/content-single-product.php

May 28, 2019 at 4:02 pm #3908731

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks, I can see the file now. Perhaps the download had not completed when I couldn't see it earlier. Regardless, I continued testing on your development site using this product hidden link and can see that the name remains correct after adding it to the cart.

One other thing I did notice, in case it begins happening again, is that the WooCommerce template you are using is out of date. You may try updating the template, then applying your custom changes, and see if that makes any difference. You can see which templates are out of date by going to WooCommerce -> Status.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

May 31, 2019 at 11:58 pm #3933655

The J

After updating WC the issue seems to have gone away on its own.
The template wasnt the issue (was also happening with previous versions, when the WC template v was the same as mines).
Still not sure what caused the issue, I'll reopen the ticket in case it happens again!