This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 11.36 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
February 6, 2019 at 3:39 pm #3166363

paulW-38

I am trying to:

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: the product name

Instead, I got: an empty product name
I have a strange behavior in my shop. From time to time (about 7-14 days) the product name for some products disappear. This happens only on products which has an attribute defined. With simple products it does not happen. I cannot reproduce that behavior nor I'm able to find the trigger of that issue. What I know for sure is that the products haven't been touched in the WooCommerce-backend!!

I already contacted the support of Automatic/WooCommerce and an engineer told me that there may be have a similar problem which was caused by WPML.
The strange thing is that only the name of the product of the default language disappears not the translated name in additional languages.

Thanks for your help

:: Paul

February 7, 2019 at 11:23 am #3169818

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

It could be difficult as it is still not clear how to reproduce the error. Even though this was noticed in products with attributes it is still not clear enough.
The memory seems good, mysql does not met our requirements but i am not sure if it will be the cause.

As of now i'll suggest to update WPML plugins and WCML to latest versions. And once you notice this error, activate PHP debugging to see if it reveals an error.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/ .
2. Repeat the action of creating the problem.
3. Share the debug.log (log file inside the /wp-content/ directory) here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Let me know what do you think.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

February 7, 2019 at 12:56 pm #3170297

paulW-38

Hi,

Thanks for your replay. I know that it super difficult as long as we can not reproduce it.
We will Update to WPML 4.2.0 today. I will wait until it happens again....

Please keep the ticket open.

cheers

:: Paul

February 7, 2019 at 2:05 pm #3170548

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hi Paul,

Sure, i will mark the ticket as waiting for user feedback, it will remain like that until you reply, then i will get a notification and see what i can do to help.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

The topic ‘[Closed] product name disappears’ is closed to new replies.