Skip Navigation

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: When the product page is accessed, shows 404 error, page not found.

Solution: If this is only happening in some old products, you should remove the variations and add them again.

To do this, go to the product that is not working properly and follow the steps below:

- Look at the "Product Data" box - Click on the "Variations" tab - Remove the variations - Insert the variations again - Click on the "Save changes" button - Update the product page by clicking on the "Update" button

Relevant Documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 24, 2016 at 3:06 pm #867876

guidoL-5

I am using Woocommerce with WPML. All of the product pages seems to working fine but when I add variations to any product the "English" version of the product stops working and leads to a "Page not found page".

So:

Dutch (Working): hidden link
English (Not working):

Strangely, the permalink of that particular page changes to Plain WordPress permalink when I open it. So I tried changed the slug of that page only (not the translation) and it started working again.

The problem seems to be in the slugs. So I think when adding variations, products of same slugs don't work ..

Waiting for the response ..

April 25, 2016 at 2:46 pm #868507

Bruno

Hi Guido,

I noticed that you're using an older version of WPML plugins and WooCommerce Multilingual.

The new version, 3.3.7, was released. Please could you update the WPML and the other WPML plugins, including the WooCommerce Multilingual? If you have registered your site, you can update from the WordPress dashboard.

If not, please, log into your client area and download the latest version ( https://wpml.org/account/downloads/ ). Then follow the steps that are in our video: hidden link

*** Please make a full backup of your site before upgrading WPML.

Please let me know if that resolves the problem.

Thank you.

April 25, 2016 at 8:04 pm #868736

guidoL-5

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for the reply. I just updated my WPML plugins and its still not working. I can provide you login credentials so that you can check it yourself ..

April 25, 2016 at 9:08 pm #868759

Bruno

Hi Guido,

I need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

*** Please let me know exactly what steps should I follow to see the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

April 25, 2016 at 11:15 pm #868775

guidoL-5

Hello Bruno,

The problem is solved.

Just for future references:
The product variations were not translated from "Woocommerce Multilingual" at first, I translated them, but the product was still not working. Before giving details I tried creating a test product with variations myself and turns out it was working fine. So I simply deleted the old product which was not working and added a new one as same as before and its working now ..

Thanks ..