This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: Product properties do not get propagated properly in translated products.

Solution: 1. Go to WPML -> Translation Management -> Multilingual Content Setup. 2. Scroll down to "Custom Field Translation" section. 3. There you'll see a list of all the custom fields registered on your site. You should find there all the fields that are not propagated on secondary language translations. Search for all of them and specify the translation option for each one (selecting the appropriate option next to each field).. 4- Click 'Save' button at the bottom of the section.

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by solonH 3 years, 7 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bernat Torras.

Author Posts
November 8, 2016 at 8:00 pm #1132766

solonH

I am trying to: Translate my products in Greek but bookable products do not appear properly.

URL of (my) website where problem appears:
hidden link

I expected to see: hidden link

Instead, I got: hidden link
In the Greek page you can see that there is no calendar to select dates and also the price appears as "value" instead of "value/night". It looks like it's displaying this product as voucherable instead of bookable.

Steps to duplicate the issue: Just visit the above links.

November 9, 2016 at 1:02 pm #1133230

Bernat Torras

Hi solonH,

Thanks for contacting support, I'll do my best to help you with this! 🙂

I see you're using "AZEXO Bookings" plugin. I guess this is the plugin that you're using to build these 'bookable' products, right?

We haven't tested this plugin and it is probably not 100% compatible with WPML yet. Before we dig deeper into this issue, could you follow these steps and confirm us the results:?

1- Go to WooCommerce WooCommerce Mutlilingual>Settings and chose "Native WooCommerce product editing screen" option.

2- Edit a bookable product in your original language and update it

3- Edit one of its translations.

In the editor page, check if the translated product has the all the same options as the original product. Check if any bookable settings are missing or contain the wrong value. If so, try to update it with the proper settings (same as original product).

Could you check it and tell us if the translation contain different settings (and if you can get it working by setting them again)?

Thanks,
Bernat

November 9, 2016 at 2:39 pm #1133325

solonH

Hi Bernat,

I did what you said and I saw that the Greek translation (hidden link) doesn't have the same options as the original one in English (hidden link).

Furthermore, in the translated Greek product as you can see from the 1st link many of the options are disabled so I will have trouble with other products if I do it like this.

Anyway, I tried to check the "Bookable" checkbox and the translated Greek product is then displayed correctly with Value/night and also shows the calendar as it was supposed to.

What do you suggest we should do now?

Thanks!

November 9, 2016 at 3:49 pm #1133388

Bernat Torras

Hi solonH,

We'll need to tell WPML to copy the value of these fields when translating the product. For this I'll need to take a look at your backend configuration. Could you provide us credentials?

I'll enable you a private form on your next reply where you'll be able to share us your backend and ftp credentials with us in a private and secure way. Please fill all required fields to let us take a deeper look at your site configuration and files.

Thanks,
Bernat

November 10, 2016 at 7:12 am #1133757

Bernat Torras

Hi solonH,

Thanks for providing the credentials. I've taken a look at your backend and I confirm that the plugin is not specifying the translation options of all these product fields. I'll report it to our compatibility team and they'll contact the authors to let him know how to do specify this in their plugin to make these fields 100% compatible with wpml in future versions.

By now, you can specify the translation option of each field manually following these simple steps:

1- Go to WPML>Translation Management>Multilingual Content Setup
2- Scroll down to "Custom Field Translation" section.
3- There you'll see a list of all the custom fields registered on your site. You should find there all the fields from this booking plugin as well. Search for all of them and specify the translation option for each one (selecting the appropriate radio option next to each field).
4- Click 'Save' button at the bottom of the section

Take in mind that in some cases you may want to set a field as 'Copy from original to translation' (for options like 'Bookable' that you want to preserve with the same value as the original product) and in some other cases you may prefer to use 'Translate' option (in the text fields for example that you need to set a different value for each language).

Once you have saved these translation options for your product fields, you can use the WPML Translation editor to translate the products normally (you should see all the translatable fields there to translate and all the 'copy' fields will be copied automatically).

Could you try it and let us know if it works for you? 🙂

Thanks,
Bernat

November 10, 2016 at 4:16 pm #1134235

solonH

Hi,

I did the ones in your first picture but I cannot locate any of those in booking_1.png

Where can I find those?

Thanks.

November 11, 2016 at 8:51 am #1134628

Bernat Torras

Hi solonH,

Can you click the 'show system files' link below 'custom field translation' title? This should show you the rest of the 'hidden' system fields (including the ones described in my previous message).

Let us know if you're able to find them!

Thanks,
Bernat

November 11, 2016 at 12:00 pm #1134812

solonH

Hi Bernat,

Thank you very much for your help! After I did that, the existing bookable product works fine. The properties are copied in Greek translation now as as it was supposed to.

However, when I created a new product things went bad. Not only I don't see the bookable properties, but I do not even see the price. Here is the english version of the product:
hidden link
and here is the greek:
hidden link

Also, on the english here the new product appears (bottom left): hidden link
but the in greek version it doesn't: hidden link

Feel free to create test products too if you want to. Thanks again.

November 14, 2016 at 10:21 am #1135883

Bernat Torras

Hi solonH,

I've checked it and I see that the main 'Bookable' checkbox is not copied to translations. If you edit the translated product you'll see that this option is disabled. Once you enable it again everything should work as in the default language.

It seems that this option (and few other fields) are not copied (even thought we've set these options in WPML>Translation Management>Multilingual Content Setup). I've reported it to our compatibility team and they will analyze the issue and work with the plugin authors to make sure they apply the best fix to solve it and make our plugins compatible again.

If, during the investigation, they are able to provide a workaround this will be provided to you. However, please keep in mind that we do not normally touch code that has not been written by our own programmers unless we know that there is a more permanent solution forthcoming from the plugin author.

The time required to reach a permanent solution depends on the availability and willingness of the author to work with our team.

For now, I'd suggest you to translate these bookable products manually using the native WooCommerce editor.

Thanks,
Bernat

November 14, 2016 at 11:31 am #1135947

solonH

Hi Bernat,

I don't mind doing it manually. Since you gave me a work-around I am super happy 🙂

Thank you very much!