Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
April 23, 2020 at 10:01 am #5975301

rolandd-5

Hi,

We have a webshop in WP and WC with 9 languages.
Since the last update we see problems with the language of the product-name in the order emails.

We see, mainly customers with the French language, the product-name is in the sites-default language in the order emails the customer gets and the admin gets. It is not a consist. So not every order of a French language the product-name is in the wrong language. It's about 20% of them. Also some German orders are wrong, but mostly the French ones.

I've raised the memory-limit to 192M but without a result for our problem.

So a French customer makes an order. All is in French on the webshop, also the product-name.
The the customer payed and he receives an order email with the details he had purchased. The product-name is in the site default language (in this case Dutch).

The strange thing is......it's not consistent. So the next French order is OK and the product-name is in French.

April 24, 2020 at 9:38 am #5984829

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Roland,

Thank you for reaching out to the WPML support!

I have to admit that this is a bit strange. Can you tell me if you tried to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and main WooCommerce one, and activate a default theme (like Twenty Nineteen)? This way we can make sure that the issue is not caused by some other plugin (or theme) that you're using.

Also, can you check the error log from your server too, please? Usually, when something goes wrong, this file contains the log of all the errors that appeared on the website (even though everything works fine). The errors from this file might point us to the code that's causing this issue.

I'm waiting for your message back.

Thanks,
Radu

April 24, 2020 at 11:35 am #5985581

rolandd-5

Hi Radu,

I know this sounds not a bit strange, but very strange and..... it's true?

On a live server, we cannot switch theme or deactivate other plugins. It's very high season now with a lot of orders every day.
On a testing server, I only saw this ones.

I already contacted my hosting provider and asked them about CPU, MEM, PHP, MYSQL etc at a specific time when the problem occured. They saw nothing wrong in the logs too.

regards,

Roland

April 28, 2020 at 10:38 am #6010821

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

I understand that deactivating the plugins on a live website is not a good idea, especially when you have a lot of orders on it. However, have you tried to deactivate all the plugins except for WPML and WooCommerce, and use a default theme on the testing server? If yes, did you see any difference?

As I can see, you're using a lot of WooCommerce add-on plugins, which might be filtering the emails sent to the customers. I'm not familiar with them but I tried to look at the description of each one and see if I can spot anything about editing emails.

Also, I can see that you're using the WP Mail Logging plugin. I'm not sure how or what change is this plugin making, but it might be a good idea to deactivate it and see if there's any difference.

I made some purchases on my testing website, to see if I can replicate this issue that you described, but all the emails I received worked well.

Last but not least, is there any chance that you could give me access to the testing website to see if I can spot anything wrong on the settings, please? The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

May 3, 2020 at 8:11 am #6046427

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

Can you have a look at my previous message, please? It's a private one so you might not receive a notification for it. That's why I'm sending you this message.

Thanks,
Radu

May 4, 2020 at 6:44 am #6050183

rolandd-5

Hi Radu,

Because I haven't received a notification in thought there was no update. Thanks for the reminder 😉

We start using this odd problem after our last update op WP, WC, WPML and all other plugins we use.

You can test with the French product "SunnyTent Ronde Taille M". This is the most sold product and 30% of our customers are French, 30% German.

I will migrate the webshop to cloudways.

May 4, 2020 at 8:45 pm #6056167

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

Thank you for giving me a few more details. Please let me know when the migration process is done and I'll have a look.

Thanks,
Radu

May 5, 2020 at 7:19 am #6058147

rolandd-5

Hi Radu,

The migration was successful.

May 12, 2020 at 10:48 am #6111577

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

Sorry for this delayed message. I had some issues accessing the website copy. I deleted all the plugin except for WPML and the main WooCommerce one. It seems that one of the other plugins was making the website to be inaccessible.

Once I was able to access the website, I made a couple of purchases and everything worked fine. The title of the product was correct in all the order emails.

I looked for the SunnyTent Ronde Taille M product too. As I can see, this is a French product:
hidden link

This is a translation of this product:
hidden link

which is private at the moment and you cannot view it if you're not the website admin (when checking it on a private window, I get a 404 page).

Now, can you tell me if there's any other way I should purchase this product? Or if there's any other product that's published and I can make some test purchases? I just want to be able to see this issue on my side.

Thanks,
Radu

May 13, 2020 at 9:40 am #6120503

rolandd-5

Hi Radu,

Me too can hardly duplicate this on a test environment. But i managed twice.
It look me 25 to 30 orders ones one failed with the product title in the wrong language.
If you try 5 order, big change you won't see this.

Thereby....on our production (live) environment, it can be pretty busy. The server is a high end fully optimized server just to service this webshop only. I don't know if the amount of visitors on the webshop affecting this behaviour.
For example...in a weekend we see 300 orders and 5000 visitors all over Europe.

May 20, 2020 at 9:05 am #6175655

rolandd-5

Hi Radu,

Any update?

May 20, 2020 at 12:01 pm #6177135

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

I made some more purchases (you might've got an email to info@webinweb.nl by my mistake, while I was making some tests) but the title in the order emails are working fine.

Can you tell me what are the steps that you are following while making the purchase, please? Also, I'm using the bank transfer payment method.

Can you tell me if there's a specific mail from WooCommerce → Settings → Emails that's having this issue?
Do I have to make any changes in the order in the admin area (hidden link)? What I mean is that maybe I need to set the order to Completed or maybe use one of the actions from the right sidebar and send a new email this way.

The products that I purchased were:
hidden link
and
hidden link

You said that this is happening for French and German products, so I tested a product from each language.

I'll keep an eye on this ticket and check it back as soon as you reply, to speed up a bit the ticket.

Thanks,
Radu

May 20, 2020 at 1:48 pm #6178367

rolandd-5

Hi radu,

The steps are just simple. Purchase a product in the language French.
It's not the title of the email but the language of the product.

So if you are on the French site, you'll all products in the French language (eg gaine-pour-kit-arceau-transversal-taille-xl-1-unite). Put this oine in the cart and checkout. 1 out of 10,20,30? the customer gets the conformation email in the French language, but the with the eg Dutch product name. We aspect to see the French productname as listed above.

This is not consistent and happens randomly.

May 27, 2020 at 11:44 am #6229011

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

I was finally able to see this issue.

On my side, when I place an order, I don't get an email on the customer email. I get an email only as the website admin. If I go to WooCommerce → Settings → Emails, there's an option only for the new order email that's sent to the website owner. Can you tell me if you made any other change in order to send an email to the customer too?

The most important thing is that I finally encountered this issue.

Basically, I purchased this product:
hidden link

In the email that I got as the website owner and on the order placed page (hidden link), the title of the product was Gaine pour kit arceau transversal – Taille XL – 1 unité - hidden link

However, if I:
- refresh the complete order page:
hidden link
- go to Dashboard → WooCommerce → Orders and I check the product title;
- select the action to send a new mail to the website owner with the order info;

the title of the product is Slang voor Dwarsstokkenset - maat XL - 1 stuk - hidden link, which is the Dutch version of the product.

The title of the product seems to change on the complete order page once I go to WooCommerce → Orders page and have a look at the order. Until then, the title here remains in French:
hidden link

Can you try to place a new order with this product, check the complete order page, then go to WooCommerce → Orders, check the order, and then refresh the complete order page, please?

Now I'm looking for a way to receive the email on the address that I used to make the purchase, to see if I can find a way to replicate that issue too. This way my colleagues will be able to spot the source of the issue way faster and easier.

I just need a confirmation that this happens to you too, so I can pass it to my colleagues for checking the code part.

Thanks,
Radu

May 27, 2020 at 11:46 am #6229087

Radu
Supporter

Hey Roland,

Also, I found this ticket that looks related to the issue you have:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-name-in-woocommerce-new-order-e-mail/#post-5552857

Is there any chance that you could make the change suggested by the user and see if you still see the issue on the emails, please?

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Product title in wrong language some order emails’ is closed to new replies.