This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
April 8, 2020 at 11:22 am #5865419

rolandd-5

Hi,

Some orders (not all), the product-name or product title is in the wrong language.
Let me make this clear:

A customer order a Product X in the language French. The customer gets a confirmation email of the purchased product. The email is translated in French. This is good, but the Product-name (product title) is in an other language (say Dutch).

This can also be the otherway around or with other languages.

This is not the case with every order.

In a test-environment we couldn't reproduce this.

What is changed since this happened?
We updated the webshop. This means we also updated all WPML plugins.
Note: As I cannot reproduce this on a test-environment, I can't disable plugins on the live-environment because of the high season we're in right now.

I never saw this issue before. What can be the problem here?

April 9, 2020 at 12:28 pm #5876017

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

1.- Please increase the PHP Memory Limit. Minimum requirements are 128Mb: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
You can add this to wp-config.php to increase WP memory:`

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '128M' );

- Add it above the line /* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

2.- If the issue persists after increasing the memory limit I kindly ask you to visit this link where there is a solution for a similar problem: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/product-name-in-woocommerce-new-order-e-mail/#post-5536617

Note: Please keep in mind that we should be able to reproduce the issue in order to isolate its cause. I would like to ask you to check if there is something particular with the products that are showing this behavior.

Kind regards,
Carlos

April 10, 2020 at 7:41 am #5881651

rolandd-5

Hi Carlos,

Raised the memory-limit to 128MB. Unfortunatly this didn't helped much. We still see this odd problem.

The link you mention, is not the same issue. The wrong language for the product in the emails, i not persistent. So sometimes the language is correct, but on the next order, the language is wrong.
I know it sounds weird.

I've attached 2 images. 1 image is correct, the other one is wrong. Two orders made bij clients in a timeframe of 30 minutes. they've ordered the same product.

April 10, 2020 at 1:51 pm #5884377

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi,
Thank you very much for your message.

In this case I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Our Debugging Procedures

I will be checking various settings in the backend to see if the issue can be resolved. Although I won't be making changes that affect the live site, it is still good practice to back-up the site before providing us access. In the event that we do need to debug the site further, I will duplicate the site and work in a separate, local development environment to avoid affecting the live site.

Regards,
Carlos