This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 14 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 4, 2019 at 7:21 pm #3954865

aurimasB-2

Some products loose their title and short description. Don't know the causes, but it happens everyday and we need to update it by hand which is unacceptable.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

As i cannot keep this product online without the information, i'll add some screenshots.

June 5, 2019 at 12:00 am #3955811

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

This is indeed an odd issue, as usually those information should not get delete automatically from the WPML database tables.

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

Add the following to your wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false);

The wp-config.php is located in your WordPress root directory. It’s the same file where the database configuration settings are. You will have to access it by FTP or SFTP in order to edit it.

If you open wp-config.php and that define statement is not there, you can add it right before this line:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

You will be able to see errors on front end, backend and further find a complete report inside of your wp-content folder. Look for a debug.log file and provide me the results.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 5, 2019 at 4:45 pm #3962807

aurimasB-2

Hi Andreas,

Is there any way to get the crash info from the log somehow?

Because disabling all of the plugins and starting the finding of the problem is very time consuming. Is there any faster way to get this bug information and the cause of it?

Thanks you in advance
A.

June 5, 2019 at 10:52 pm #3964433

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the notification.

I can assist you with those tasks tomorrow once I start my shift.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 5:13 pm #4045511

aurimasB-2

Hello,

Is there any news on this case?

Regards
A.

June 18, 2019 at 5:35 pm #4045549

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you very much for your notification.

I am not sure what went wrong but I did not receive any notification about your private reply from 6th of june. Usually, such tickets do get automatically assigned back to me but for some reason this was not the case.

I am very sorry about this inconvenience and I will be having a look into zour site right now.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 5:41 pm #4045561

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am not able to access the provided wp-admin.php page.

Could zou please verifz if the site is still available? The login ends in an 404 error and the error mentions technical diifficulties of the site.

Alternatively, you could use the Plugin Duplicator to create a package of zour website and upload it to your Gooole Drive, or similar, in order to provide me a download link. Make sure to include the archive.zip and the installer.php file.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Packages up top 500 MB are free with this Duplicatar version and zou are able to set filters to minimize the package site (Example: cache, backups, uploads)
hidden link

I have enabled a private message in order to provide the download link.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4045653

aurimasB-2

Please try this URL: hidden link

Checked it right now, seems to be working.

June 18, 2019 at 6:09 pm #4045757

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, the wp-login.php is now available but the provided account credentials seem not to be valid anymore.

Please verify and simply update your previously provided private message.

Kind regards
Andreas

June 18, 2019 at 7:19 pm #4046215

aurimasB-2

Hello,

Updated login info.

Regards
A.

June 23, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4073239

aurimasB-2

Hello,

Any news on this case?

Regards
A.

June 24, 2019 at 4:38 pm #4078733

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your patience.

The dubug.log can be found now inside of the folder /wp-content/. There are not anz errors visualized in regards to WPML or WooCommerce, but in regards to various different plugins.

When exactly does the issue with the product titles and short descriptions appear? Direclty after a purchase?

I would advise you to update WPML and its add-o9ns to the latest version.

Then please go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status and click the option "Troubleshooting" in the right bottom corner of the string.

Here please run all sync options for your strore content but make sure to take a backup of your site and database before running the tasks.

I hope this will solve the issue. Let me know if you need further assistanc.

I would advise you to install the following free plugin, as it can help to identify when exactly the issue occurs:
https://wordpress.org/plugins/aryo-activity-log/

Kind regards
Andreas

June 24, 2019 at 5:05 pm #4078891

aurimasB-2

Hello Andreas,

Thank you for the feedback.

Titles and short descriptions disappear after users change language, add products to cart and initiate a checkout. The purchase does not need to be made for the description and title to disappear.

I always run the latest versions of plugins.

Made the sync of all content and installed this activity log plugin. Let's see if this problem occurs again so we can identify it more easily.

Regards
A.

June 24, 2019 at 5:30 pm #4079001

aurimasB-2

Just tried the actions sequence on the production site once again.

The sequence is as follows:
1. Visited the product page
2. Changed the language
3. Added product to cart
4. Went to cart
5. Initiated a checkout
6. Exited the website.

After all those actions the title and short description fields disappeared on the original product (the translated product still has all the fields filled).

June 25, 2019 at 12:27 am #4080209

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have taken a copy of your of your website using the plugin Duplicator and first of all I was not able to access the site due to various errors inside of the WordPress Core file.

The errors were not visualized anymore and I was able to access the backend after deactivating the plugin WP Hide Plugin Updates and Warnings.

Further, the plugins WordFence and YITH WooCommerce Wishlist caused further errors. I have disabled those plugins in my test.

I would advise you to first proceed with all the available updates and then reach out their support with the information found on the debug.log file inside of the folder /wp-content/.

In order to see errors on front end or backend please adapt the following code line inside of the wp-config.php file:

define('WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY'; true);

Also add the following line right under the above mentioned WP_DEBUG code block in order to raise the WP Memory Limit as I received a limit error while debugging the site.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Further, I tried to recreate the issue with the product titles and short descriptions.

I went to a original product, changed the language, added the product tpo the cart, opened the cart page and proceeded top the checkout page. Then I switched back to the original product but the title and short description were still there.

Could you please verify and proovide detailed steps again. I experienced the same on your live site.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Product titles and short descriptions disappearing in original language’ is closed to new replies.