This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by timF-10 2 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 19, 2019 at 12:14 pm

timF-10

Hi,

As many other users have reported I also have a problem with product titles disappearing when adding a product to the cart from a foreign language version of the webshop via ajax. As with the other cases this only happens with variable products.

I'm using a multi-domain setup and have narrowed down the issue to one specific plugin: Redux Framework. As this is a plugin the whole frontend rests on, I can't simply replace this plugin by another.

I have read other threads and tried the following things without success:
1) Creating a new product. Also with new products the issue occurs
2) Increase memory limit to 256MB
3) Update all WPML plugins to the latest version

Apart from the fact that titles disappear, it also seems that with independently translated products, the cart displays the default language, while the product was added from the foreign language. In attachment you will find a screenshot from the test server I set up. As you can see the correct title is "Compostton", but it takes the name of the default language "Ton".

Can you please help to resolve this issue quickly? This is hurting the sales of my client.

I will grant you access to the test server. You can play around on this server as much as you want.

July 19, 2019 at 4:47 pm #4247561

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

I will run some tests in the test site and will try to isolate the cause of the issue. I will get back to you as soon as I have an answer.

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 20, 2019 at 1:04 pm #4249881

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi there,

The cause of the issue in the site is that the product 'Composton' doesn't have a name in the secondary language. Please see the difference between the translations:
- hidden link (No name)
- hidden link (Name)

To solve this issue you need to update the translation of the product and make sure to add a name to the translated version.
Best regards,
Carlos

July 21, 2019 at 10:40 am #4252099

timF-10

Hi Carlos,

The title disappearing IS the problem... If you add the title, put the product in the cart on the Dutch version, it will disappear again. That's why the title is empty now.

I've re-added the title for your convenience. Can you please dig deeper into the issue?

Best regards,

Tim

July 22, 2019 at 11:28 am #4256611

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Tim,
Thank you very much for your message.

However I haven't been able to reproduce the issue. I visited the site on incognito mode to avoid any cache memory and you can see that the issue is not happening (see attached images).

Regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 12:13 pm #4257021

timF-10

Hi,

I've tried the same process as before, both in normal and incognito mode and indeed, the titel doesn't disappear anymore... So strange. Even stranger, the same behaviour also doesn't happen on the production website anymore.

I'll fill in the titles again and wait for a while. If I notice them disappearing, I'll reopen the issue.

Best regards,

Tim

July 22, 2019 at 2:20 pm #4258565

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi Tim,

Could you set this ticket as solved?

If you see the issue re-appears please create a new ticket and assign it directly to me. I will be more than happy to keep assisting you.

Regards,
Carlos

July 22, 2019 at 2:28 pm #4258705

timF-10

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!