This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
May 27, 2019 at 2:46 pm

satishM-2

I am loosing product titles on Hindi (India) Language. I have only two languages.
The problem seems to be triggered by user action on the front end when products add to cart.
But it is not happening every time the product is added to cart. It is happening randomly.

Here is how you can replicate the issue;

First go to back end view products, click to view hindi products.

1)On hindi products page, you can find the products which have lost their titles having "no title" displayed.

2)Open an incongnito/private browser and as a guest user and add to cart many of the products(atleast 10) which currently have their titles and have not lost them. The fastest way to do this would be to use Quick Order Functionality. You can select a category select each item as 1 quantity then add to cart.

3)Every thing will seem fine on the cart page, for the next step proceed to check out.

4)The check out page url has been hardcoded to hindi version always. Once you see the hindi version of the cart on the check out page, you will see that some of the products have lost their translations.

5)You can also achieve this result just by translating the cart page to hindi if you want to.

Step number 2,3,4,5 must be repeated anywhere between 1 to 6 times for the error to be replicated. On every repeat cycle order atleast 10 products of different categories.

Once you have replicated the issue do get back to me with the fix. Need this fixed very fast a client in urgent need. Hence giving all credentials.

Also note the site has to be opened in a private browser and it will ask for additional username and password for access which have been given in the credentials

May 28, 2019 at 8:51 am #3904147

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

I will help you with your issue.

I have tested your site it seems like the cart and checkout page is broken in both languages I have added 13 products but in cart and checkout pages I can only see 7 products with truncated data (screenshot attached), Please check if there are any error logs in the debug.log.

Your theme seems like a custom made, Please check if the same issue can be reproduced if you change the theme to WordPress default themes eg: twenty nineteen.

We have also released the latest version of WooCommerce Multilingual 4.3, kindly update to the latest version check if that helps.

Please let me know the results.

Kind regards
Raja

May 30, 2019 at 11:46 am #3922749

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

Sorry for the Truncated Data error as our developer team was working simultaneously, that may have caused the error.

As per your instructions we have updated WPML and WCML to the latest versions as per WPML website. We have verified that our theme is Compatible with WPML.

Further,

I tested again after the update, and placed this order which you can see in the woocommerce orders section. In this order again i lost Product titles data. (Screenshots attached for your reference).

Please mark my next reply private so that i can let you know the theme name.
we have created child theme of wpml compatible theme. we do not work directly on the current theme using default name due to future updates security.

Please note now , to replicate the error.

First delete all the history of our site in your browser. We have also deactivated the caching plugin so that you don't run into any other issue before replicating the error. You can repeat the steps as mentioned in the intial of this thread to replicate the error.

Regards,
Raunak

May 30, 2019 at 12:10 pm #3922841

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

After Deleting History, Use Private Browser or Incognito Tab, to avoid any issue.

Regards,
Raunak

May 31, 2019 at 6:59 am #3928099

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

Sorry for the delay I was away for an emergency situation,

I have checked your site and analyzed a few products the products are missing the title translation, For eg, the Hindi version of product Asli is missing the title please see the attached image. Kindly check all the products are translated and has a valid title in Hindi.

Kind regards
Raja

June 1, 2019 at 11:47 am #3935065

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

OK so that you can replicate the error, i am re-adding the title so that no product is missing the title on the developers site. This you can verify before testing to replicate the error at your end.

Actually those products were not missing the title, They had the title before i added them to cart and then they lost the title post adding them to cart. This is the error which is the basis of this thread.

I request you once again to do this procedure as follows, clear history of our site, open private browser then:

1)On hindi products page, you can find the products which have lost their titles having "no title" displayed.

2)Open an incongnito/private browser and as a guest user and add to cart many of the products(atleast 10) which currently have their titles and have not lost them. The fastest way to do this would be to use Quick Order Functionality. You can select a category select each item as 1 quantity then add to cart.

3)Every thing will seem fine on the cart page in English translation, But when you will translate the cart page to hindi by using the footer WPML Hindi link on the cart page you will see that for some products you have lost the title translation.

4) Now login to the admin panel of the site to see the product data, there you will find that the product which appeared with out the title in the cart page, have actually lost their translation.

Request you to follow this procedure to replicate and discover the error on your end.

Regards,
Raunak Mantri

June 3, 2019 at 6:16 am #3939525

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Dear Raunak,

This is something strange which we are aware of I would like to isolate this by testing your site in one of our private servers, I request you to kindly clone your site to our private server for a detailed look into the issue. The migration details will be sent in my next private reply.

Kind regards
Raja

June 3, 2019 at 6:17 am
June 3, 2019 at 8:54 am #3940451

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

Thank you for replicating the error at your end as it was very important for the steps to be followed to replicate that error. Now you can enable your team to resolve this issue properly.

This error is a critical flaw for our site as our checkout page is programmed to always open in hindi language.

We have migrated the site as per your instructions.
Looking forward for WPML support team resolution on this error.

Regards,
Raunak

June 3, 2019 at 2:14 pm #3943319

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

I have made some basic debugging. I am unable to reproduce the issue when I change the theme to WordPress twenty nineteen. It seems more likely an issue with the theme or with the customization that affects the cart functionality.

Could you please repeat the same steps in the clone site which has the theme changed to twenty nineteen and confirm the same?

Let me know if you still need assistance.

Kind regards
Raja

June 4, 2019 at 7:53 am #3948863

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

We have replicated the error in cloned site with twenty nineteen theme also. This time the error crops up this time in English language however. Screen shots attached for your reference.

Also, we are not in any position to change the theme of the site as it totally breaks the site and it would require a fatal rework.
We verified that the theme is supported and only then made the purchase decision to buy the wpml package for this site. Our theme is still listed as a supported theme on your website. I hope you understand our position when we find it unfair on part of WPML to change the theme of the site even though the theme is supported as per wpml site documentation.

Anyways the error is still replicated in 2019 theme.

We however request you to provide us support for our current wpml supported theme as changing the theme is unimaginable for us right now for this site development.

Regards,
Raunak Mantri

June 4, 2019 at 1:02 pm #3951891

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Raunak,

Thanks for the input, I have tested this further by disabling the plugins "
WooCommerce Ajax add to cart" and "Woocommerce Dropdown Cart" The cart page works fine This seems like WPML either dislikes or interacts with either of the plugins which are causing the issue. I have recorded for your reference, Could you please verify the same at your end.

hidden link

Kind regards
Raja

June 5, 2019 at 10:07 am #3959033

satishM-2

Dear Raja,

We have repeated your instructions on the developers staging site;
We have tested three scenarios:

Scenario 1: Woocommerce Drop Down Cart Disabled, Ajax Add to Cart Plugin Enabled.

Scenario 2: Ajax Add to Cart Plugin Disabled, Woo Commerce Drop Down Cart Enabled.

Scenario 3: Both the above mentioned plugins Disabled.

Futher we have attached the screen shots for your reference.

For all the Three Scenarios the error has been Replicated.

It will not be correct of us right now to pin this problem to an issue generated by these two plugins.

You can go ahead and replicated the error yourself on our staging developers site as you already have the credentials for it.

Waiting for further instructions to resolve this issue?

Please note some aspects of this issue which is now existing in a wpml supported theme and with wpml latest versions installed, We request you to also involve your preferred and authorised wpml senior troubleshooters as this issue is also newly reported according to you.

Waiting for solution to this issue??

June 6, 2019 at 8:17 am #3966991

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I have tested this further, in an attempt to isolate the issue with WPML With the following setup in the cloudways
=> WordPress Twenty seventeen theme
=> WooCommerce
=> WooCommerce . Multilingual
=> WPML + String transaltion + Transaltion Management

The issue could not be reproduced in this case. please refer hidden link

The theme "Marti Trade" in your site seems to be an extension of Twenty Seventeen theme which means you have custom code on top of the Twenty seventeen theme which is beyond our support capabilities and the theme relies on several plugins for it to function.

The issue could possibly a plugin interaction with WPML or the Mantri theme itself is not going well with WPML

Earlier while I tested with Twenty nineteen theme I missed to test deactivating all the plugins except WPML and WooCommerce plugin.

I would recommend you please try the below debug steps in your dev server, after securing a backup if your site and database

-> Deactivate all plugins except WPML + WooCommrce + WooCommerce Multilingual check whether the issue can be reproduced with your theme - If the issue persists then there is an issue with the theme customization, If not try to activate the plugins one by one to isolate the interacting plugin.

-> Keeping all the plugins deactivated except WPML + WooCommerce + WooCommerce ML change the theme to twenty seventeen themes (since your theme is an extension of twenty seventeen). check if the issue persists.

I hope this gives you a better idea about the issue

Kind regards
Raja