This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
August 12, 2019 at 11:56 am #4380473

anttiS-3

I am trying to: Have product variations showing up on the front end on EN language as well

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:hidden link

I expected to see: Variaton drop down like in the FI version: hidden link

Instead, I got: No variations in the drop down menu hidden link

August 12, 2019 at 9:39 pm #4383755

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

I do understnad right that those variations are not based on global attributes? Global attributes would need to be created, edited and translated at Products -> Attributes or at WPML -> Taxonomy Translation.

In case the attributes have been created on the WordPress Product Editor individually for each product, then those attributes will need to be translated on the WPML Translation Editor while translating the product or by going to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Attributes. Once the attributes are all translated please click on the Status tab.
Now, click the option troubleshooting at the right bottom corner. Run here the option to synchronize product variations. Does this solve the issue?

Kind regards
Andreas

August 13, 2019 at 6:41 am #4385291

anttiS-3

Hi,

All the attributes have been translated. Sorry my explanation of the situation might have been a bit lacking.

So, the variations are showing on the EN side correctly after the product is published or updated, but these will disappear after a certain (seemingly random - few days) period of time. The variations appear again on the drop down after updating the product again.

We originally thought this was an issue of product variation disappearing when an item is purchased but purchase does not seem to be the trigger of this issue.

On the database side, all looks good, the variations have stock quantities and the stock quantities are updating correctly and in sync on both language versions.

August 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm #4391081

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the clarification. We will need to figure out when exactly the issue occurs.

Issues like that might often be related to a incompatiblity with another plugin.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Kind regards
Andreas

August 16, 2019 at 5:25 pm #4407721

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for providing access to your website.

Before we take any further steps please make a backup of your site and database and proceed with all available updates. There are quiet manz plugins outdated and it might be possible that the issue has been solved in one of the latest versions.

The reason why I am demanding this is, that such issues as descriped in this ticket are often caused due to compatiblity issues between plugins.

Further, I tried to take a Duplicator package in order to debug the site locally, but it seems this options is blocked by your hosting provider.

Fir now, proceed with any available update and then sync the attributes again at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Status -> Troubleshooting.

Let me know if this solved the issue.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 21, 2019 at 10:51 am #4430481

anttiS-3

Hi, thanks

1) We have taken backups of the DB and site
2) Plugins that we were able to upgrade have been updated. Some WPML ones gave us "Update Failed: undefined" error + Latest woo has not been added to live site as it is so new and sometimes there are additional errors that pop up soon after launch of the new version
3) Local backup works via nicely WP All in one migration plugin. Export, Export to File
4) We have further identified the problem as follows:
$option passed on function wc_dropdown_variation_attribute_options(…) is value of $attributes available on this template file variable.php

<?php foreach ( $attributes as $attribute_name => $options ) : ?>

somehow $option (i.e. value of $attributes) has wrong (i.e. finnish version) of the attributes list

August 21, 2019 at 2:12 pm #4432129

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

It seems there is an issue with your WPML plugin registration.

Please go to Plugins -> Add new -> Commercial -> Register WPML.

Now, make sure that the URL hidden link is registered at "My sites" and obtain here the site key in order to register WPML in WordPress.

Once registered please proceed with the updates and let me know if the issue persists.

I am asking you to take this step first, as it might be that the issue got solved in the latest updates.

If the issue persists please proceed as followed:

Could you please try to run the site in minimal setup to see if the issue persists?

Please disable any additional plugin that is not related to WPML and its add-ons. If the issue disappears please start reactivating any plugins, or activate them in small groups. This way please verify at which points the issue appears again to indicate the plugin that is causing the issue.

Also please change to a default theme like TwentySeventeen to see if the issue might be theme related.

Further, you could enable the wp-debug feature to see if there are any current PHP errors given.

More information about how to activate this feature you can find here:
https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Please let me know about the resutls of this investigation and provide the output of the debug.log file inside of the wp-content folder.

Kind regards
Andreas

August 27, 2019 at 5:15 am #4462879

anttiS-3

Hi

1) We trialed without these plugins - issue still exists:
Advanced Reporting For Woocommerces Pro
All-in-One WP Migration
Breadcrumb NavXT
Easy WP SMTP
Gravity Forms
Gravity Forms Multilingual
Imsanity
Mailchimp for WooCommerce
Posti shipping methods
Regenerate Thumbnails
Tax Report for WooCommerce
WB Paytrail Payment Methods
WooCommerce Cost of Goods
WooCommerce POS
WooCommerce Print Invoice & Delivery Note
WooCommerce Product Stock Alert
WooCommerce Weight Based Shipping
WooCommerce Wholesale Prices
WooCommerce Cost of Goods
WooCommerce Wholesale Prices
WP-PageNavi
YITH Infinite Scrolling

2) Also updated woo to 3.7 - issue still exists.
3) Trialed with several themes - issue still exists.
4) PHP error log seems to be fine:

"2019/08/22 14:29:58 [error] 8680#29256: *1125 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 14:31:38 [error] 8680#29256: *1221 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 14:32:38 [error] 8680#29256: *1221 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 14:32:50 [error] 8680#29256: *1228 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-wholesale-prices%2Fwoocommerce-wholesale-prices.bootstrap.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=4c036d1ffe HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 14:33:50 [error] 8680#29256: *1228 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-wholesale-prices%2Fwoocommerce-wholesale-prices.bootstrap.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=4c036d1ffe HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 14:35:27 [error] 8680#29256: *1236 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-wholesale-prices%2Fwoocommerce-wholesale-prices.bootstrap.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=4c036d1ffe HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 14:36:27 [error] 8680#29256: *1236 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-wholesale-prices%2Fwoocommerce-wholesale-prices.bootstrap.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=4c036d1ffe HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 15:08:27 [error] 8680#29256: *1249 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-cost-of-goods%2Fwoocommerce-cost-of-goods.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=f81f34d3c0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 15:09:27 [error] 8680#29256: *1249 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /wp-admin/plugins.php?action=deactivate&plugin=woocommerce-cost-of-goods%2Fwoocommerce-cost-of-goods.php&plugin_status=active&paged=1&s&_wpnonce=f81f34d3c0 HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test", referrer: "hidden link"
2019/08/22 15:28:50 [error] 8680#29256: *1275 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 15:29:50 [error] 8680#29256: *1275 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 15:43:43 [error] 8680#29256: *1293 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 15:44:43 [error] 8680#29256: *1293 upstream timed out (10060: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond) while connecting to upstream, client: 127.0.0.1, server: .com.test, request: "GET /product/green-off-white-dress/ HTTP/1.1", upstream: "hidden link", host: ".com.test"
2019/08/22 16:14:53 [notice] 19276#23888: signal process started
"

Any additional tips?

August 27, 2019 at 9:36 pm #4469893

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I have been visiting your site and did not recognize any issue so far.

Indeed, the errors provided are server related which for I would kindly like to ask you to contact your host provider and provide them the error information with a discription of the issue(s).

Similar ticket: https://wpml.org/forums/topic/gateway-time-out/

Kind regards
Andreas