This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 11 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
August 7, 2019 at 2:07 pm #4355853

manuelC-26

There are products in the website missing product variations and I don't know how to add them.
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

August 7, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4356483

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Please send me an update after running the troubleshooting steps and let me know if the missing variations have been created. Thanks!

August 8, 2019 at 12:05 pm #4362581

manuelC-26

Hi, the missing variations were not created and now there some more missing.

August 8, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4363471

Lauren
Supporter

To best troubleshoot the issue, please make a snapshot of your site using the Duplicator plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/. This will allow me to try and duplicate the error so that I can run further tests without interrupting your live site.

Once the snapshot is complete, either upload the snapshot ZIP file and the installer.php file to a file sharing service such as Dropbox (and share the link in your reply) or right click the Duplicator links in your wp-admin and paste in your reply.

Please note: It is important to reduce the size of the package so please exclude some paths like /cache or /uploads and also exclude archives and media files.

I will also need the username and password of an account that was created BEFORE creating the duplicator package.

I will enable the next reply to be private so only you and I have access to it!

August 13, 2019 at 5:57 pm #4390179

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks so much for sending files. I was able to set up your site and after enabling debug log, I found an error in the database. I have escalated this to our 2nd tier support team so that they can further debug, and I will update here as soon as I have more information.

August 14, 2019 at 9:34 am #4393727

manuelC-26

Hi Lauren,

Thank you for your feedback. Just to let you know that I updated some product translations and now I'm having this issue with more products:
hidden link
hidden link

I really need to know how to solve it asap, we are waiting to launch this English version.

August 14, 2019 at 12:54 pm #4394959

Lauren
Supporter

Thanks for the update. We do have a new beta release, would you be willing to test this version on your site to see if it resolves the issue? If so, you can download it from here and test it out: https://wpml.org/account/downloads/. I suggest making a backup before installing, simply because it is still in the beta phase.

August 14, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4395561

manuelC-26

Hi Lauren,
How should I proceed in order not to lose all the translations? I need to disable the version I have installed? How do I replace one version with another?

August 14, 2019 at 2:26 pm #4395899

Lauren
Supporter

You won't lose your translations when you switch versions, those are stored in the database. You can go to plugins and deactivate then delete WPML plugins. Then, download the latest beta version and install it via the plugins screen.

August 14, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4396719

manuelC-26

Hi Lauren,

I installed the plugins as you told me (https://wpml.org/account/downloads/) and I got no success.. At the begining of the translations, after I completed the advanced translator editor, I was sent to the Classic Translator Editor under "Woocommerce Multilingue" and there I need to complete the translation. However, now I cannot access to Classic Translator Editor and give translations to "size" variables. Could be this causing the problem?

August 14, 2019 at 4:56 pm #4396777

manuelC-26

The problem is here (on the attachment) - it is missing the "size" variation. Instead of being translated as "20", "21", etc. it is considering "Any Size"

August 14, 2019 at 7:07 pm #4397139

Lauren
Supporter

Here is what I did that resolved the issue on your live site:

1. Deactivate all plugins and switch to default theme temporarily
2. Install beta versions of WPML plugins (on the downloads page, be sure to select beta from the dropdown option)
3. Go to WPML -> Settings and in Custom Field section, click Show System Fields.
4. Set the _default_attributes field to copy.
5. UPdate the product in original language
6. This time, when I opened the translation, I could see the sizes there. I updated the translation and set as 100% complete and also saw the sizes in the frontend.

Can you please copy these steps and let me know if it resolves the issue on the live site?