This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 6.52 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Raja Mohammed 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Raja Mohammed.

Author Posts
June 19, 2019 at 10:40 am #4050793

paoloB-27

I am trying to:
save the translation of product with variants with WPML editor

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: backoffice

I expected to see:
the traslation will be saved

Instead, I got:
infinite waiting time and the traslation has been in saving mode forever

June 19, 2019 at 11:36 am #4051135

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi there,

Welcome to our technical support forum,

It would be good if you can provide me with the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information).

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the /wp-content/ directory.

If you can paste your debug.log to pastebin.com and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess in the discussion).

Please also share with us the Server error logs, Which is different than WordPress logs, You can request your hosting provider to help you with the server error log.

Kind regards
Raja

Kind regards
Raja

June 19, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4051775

paoloB-27

Hello,
I followed your istructions but there is not a file debug.log in /wp-content/ directory after changing the lines in wp-config.php ...
In the link below you can find a server error log file:
hidden link

Thank you
Kind regards
Sara

June 20, 2019 at 8:33 am #4057645

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi Sara,

Thanks for the information, Debug might have been restricted by your server, I have very less information in the error log, I would request you to share with us the snapshot (copy) of your site You can use the Duplicator plugin to create a snapshot of the site and share the package link with me http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/, I have enabled private fields to securely share the details.

Kind regards
Raja

June 21, 2019 at 9:02 am #4065599

paoloB-27

Is there any update?

June 21, 2019 at 11:33 am #4066737

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi,
I'm working on this, I will keep you posted with any updates

kind regards
Raja

June 21, 2019 at 12:26 pm #4067117

Raja Mohammed
Supporter

Hi there,

I am unable to reproduce any issue in my local installation using the copy of your site. I have tested with the variation product T-SHIRT “PACK OF CIGARETTES” and translated it to English without any issues. The translation is complete and there are no issues in saving the translation using the translation editor

Could you please explain the steps to reproduce the issue, Does the issue happen on specific product pages?

Kind regards
Raja

The topic ‘[Closed] Product with variants translation not saving anymore’ is closed to new replies.