We have just released WPML 4.3.3. Before reporting issues please make sure to update - this version resolves all known issues with the major WPML 4.3 release

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
July 4, 2019 at 12:43 pm #4143293

lodewijkT

Our webshop uses WPML and Woocommerce for a multilanguage shop.
Unfortunately the product overview page is only visible in our main language (NL). Somehow the products are not visible anymore on our secondary languages (UK, DE).

hidden link (main language, products visible).

hidden link (secondary language, products not visible, but filters are)

hidden link (secondary language, products not visible, but filters are)

The filters are visible but on the secondary language product overview pages, but not the products.

The strange thing is that if I change the url of the German product overview from hidden link TO hidden link the page somehow shows the correct products and overview.

The above is valid for the other secondary language product overview page as well.
hidden link this does not work, but this does work:
hidden link

So I can conclude that the dutch slug works with the added parameter "?lang=en" for uk and "?lang=de" but we have no clue how to solve this, so that the original overview url for DE and UK works correctly

I've tried disabling plugins and switching theme's but that didn't solve this issue. I've tried updating woocommerce on a staging instance but that didn't solve anything.

Could you please help me with this annoying issue?

July 4, 2019 at 2:05 pm #4144217

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+01:00)

Hello

It sounds like there is something wrong with the product post type slug translation.

Temporary Access to your system
Please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem. The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

July 4, 2019 at 3:07 pm #4144787

Yvette
Supporter

I believe T¡the reason for this behaviour was because you had nested the Woocommerce shop page

When I pulled the shop page out of the nested position (so it was at the top level) and then resaved all the translations of the shop - it now shows the products:

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I am guessing that the rewrite rules could not handle the nested structure - I would have to check with our higher tier support group to be sure.

However, I wanted to get back to you with this workaround as soon as I could.

July 4, 2019 at 3:24 pm #4145059

lodewijkT

When I visit the links in your reply (in incognito), I can't see the products on the following one:

hidden link
hidden link

Alright, please let me know when you know more.

July 4, 2019 at 4:32 pm #4145425

Yvette
Supporter

Interesting.

Please see if the same thing happens if you temporarily change your active theme to be Storefront.

Thanks.

July 5, 2019 at 7:25 am #4148353

lodewijkT

Dear Yvette,

The links do work on the storefront theme.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

I will try to update the theme.

July 5, 2019 at 7:45 am #4148637

Yvette
Supporter

OK - so we can narrow it down to something theme related!

Thanks for doing the test. I´ll wait for your news.

July 5, 2019 at 8:08 am #4148949

lodewijkT

Ok Thanks for waiting Yvette.

I've got an update. So the storefront theme works fine. When I switched back to Jupiter to start updating my theme, the links kept working. Without even updating. So a switch to storefront and back to Jupiter seems to be a solution. I don't know if this solution is just temporary. I've updated the clone to the latest Jupiter version. The links are still working fine.

hidden link
hidden link
hidden link

Any clue what could've happend?

July 5, 2019 at 9:01 am #4149311

Yvette
Supporter

The first thing that comes to mind is Caching of some type. Perhaps changing the theme flushed any existing cache (?).

The topic ‘[Closed] Productoverview (WC) not visible on secondary languages’ is closed to new replies.