Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 30 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Mihai Apetrei 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Mihai Apetrei.

Author Posts
August 27, 2022 at 7:56 pm #11942109

helenaH-3

ok i add the ip. can you please try if it work?

August 27, 2022 at 8:34 pm #11942123

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hi and thank you for the quick response.

Unfortunately, the same issue takes place: I even tried a different browser.

I add in the credentials and after I click the "Log In" button, the page simply refreshes, and then I have to introduce the credentials again, and nothing happens, the same issue keeps repeating over and over again.

Maybe you can share with me the customer's credentials? Or try to create a new account? It is weird - it doesn't tell me that something is wrong but it also does not connect to the backend.

Mihai

August 28, 2022 at 6:57 am #11943031

helenaH-3

The information I sent you is my login information. I will write to the client to arrange FTP access for you. I will send you the information tomorrow.

August 28, 2022 at 10:03 am #11943437

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

I see.

As you can see in the screenshot that I attached, there's a 302 redirect that shows up when I click login so there's no way I can log in.

Just FTP won't be enough for me to debug on this matter - I need access to the WordPress panel.

The client can get in touch with the hosting company and tell them to either exclude "Romania" from the security limitations list or turn this off completely for 1-2 days.

Otherwise, I am not sure how we will be able to debug this issue.

Mihai

Screenshot 2022-08-28 at 13.00.51.png
August 28, 2022 at 11:46 am #11944103

helenaH-3

ok i will contact my client and let you know. thank you

August 29, 2022 at 3:39 pm #11951307

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Thank you.

September 8, 2022 at 8:55 am #12011541

helenaH-3

Hello,

sorry for big delay.
My customer told me that resolve the issue. Could you please try again with login?
Thank you.

September 8, 2022 at 5:06 pm #12016529

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there and welcome back!

I was indeed able to finally log into the backend of the website.

Now:

1. Can you please let me know what is the main shop page on this website?

2. Can you please share an example with me where I can see a product in the default language that was translated but it doesn't show up in the EN language?

I will be waiting for your response.

Mihai

September 10, 2022 at 2:51 pm #12027097

helenaH-3

There is no main page for shop but i sending you some links.
For example on the slovenian page are all products hidden link
On the English side, however, two are missing. - hidden link

The products are all translated but this that are not showing its lasts a couple of months.
The products are not actually translated, but we also added the Slovenian text for the English version of the product so that it appears. Over time, the client will add translations.

Greetings, Helena

September 13, 2022 at 10:46 am #12041743

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi Helena and thank you for the update.

1. I have noticed that your website’s WP Memory Limit is 40MB. The WP memory limit needs to be increased as the minimum requirement for WPML is 128Mb WP Memory Limit: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/

❌ Very important: please make a backup of your site (files & database) before following any of the upcoming steps ❌

Please add this to your wp-config.php file to increase WP memory:

/* WP Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Paste it just before:

/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so, if that’s the case, I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly. If you can get even higher values It would be great.

Please make sure you have updated the values successfully, You can verify them from WPML >> Support page.

2. After a backup is created, can you please go here (hidden link) and update everything to the latest version?

Please let me know once that's ready.

Thank you.

Mihai

September 19, 2022 at 2:51 pm #12080127

helenaH-3

Hello,
I apologize for the late reply. We will arrange the memory upgrade.
Unfortunately, we have already had problems with updates on the site and it is not recommended. Do you have any other suggestions on how to solve the problem?

September 20, 2022 at 3:51 pm #12089001

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

If I can get written approval to duplicate the website in a local testing environment, then I can try things on my own without the risk to affect the live/production site.

Please let me know if that would be ok for you/the client.

Mihai

September 22, 2022 at 8:14 am #12101649

helenaH-3

Hello, the client approve to duplicate website to your server.

Greetings.

September 22, 2022 at 3:02 pm #12105413

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

Thank you for the confirmation.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself for now and as soon as I have more information, I will get back to you.

Mihai

September 28, 2022 at 8:28 pm #12144439

Mihai Apetrei
Supporter

Hi there.

I wanted to get back with a short update, letting you know that I'm still digging into this very very strange issue which might prove to be a compatibility issue in the end.

The site is already duplicated on my local and that's where I'm running the tests from.

There are indeed some plugins (not the WPML ones) that break the site when you update them so I had to undo that process and just update the WPML plugins.

As soon as I have any information, I will get back to you so that you can update the client, too.

I'm leaving the ticket assigned to myself until then.

Thank you a lot for your amazing patience throughout the debugging process.

Mihai

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.