This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Author Posts
April 22, 2019 at 3:36 pm #3656731

pasiS-2

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have exported the product in estonian out from the site. I have then translated the csv file and am trying to import them. Why are the products not connected. I have attached a screenshot of how I have tried making the export fro the Russian language products.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
I followed a video from your site

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

April 22, 2019 at 9:32 pm #3658389

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hello,

are you using the same unique identifier throughout both your imports ?

additionally please verify that you have set a Connector within your csv as shown within the video.

if you are still experiencing this issue after confirming the above if possible i would like to take a closer look (also provide me with your csv files)

**Before we proceed I recommend to please take FULL BACKUP of your database and your website.**
I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply.
The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Thank you,
Bobby

April 23, 2019 at 9:39 am #3661411

pasiS-2

Hello,

I have done as you recommended. Since I have exported the products from the same site and I am using the wpml translation ID. This is the same in both products.
When I import the data in the main language there is no option to choose the uniq identifier. It only gives the option when importing Russian language. I have attached a screenshot. I followed the instructions on your video 100%.

Please note that the files for the dev.isku.ee domain are under the file /dev

April 24, 2019 at 1:46 am #3668113

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Thank you for the additional details and CSV file

please create 2 seperate CSV files for each language and make sure that both contain the "Connector column"

The following is an excerpt from our documentation guidelines :

"Remember: Please prepare separate files with meaningful names for each language.
(Please note that this point is crucial for the successful outcome of the importing process later on.)

Importing translated content is divided into two steps (more on this below):

Import content in the main language
Import content in another language
During Step 2 you will have to choose from a list of already imported files (the ones that should be connected in language relation). Selecting meaningful names will make this much easier."

April 24, 2019 at 6:50 am #3669641

pasiS-2

Where do i put the connector column in the first step? When I import the main language there is no option to put the connector column anywhere.

April 24, 2019 at 6:26 pm #3675845

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

My colleague Bobby is sadly not available today which for I am taking care of your request.

When importing the default language csv file you will find the option to set the connector at step 4. Simply click auto-detect.

Also maker sure to select the language for the imported csv file inside step 3 at the section WPML All Import.

Please take note that bot csv files will need to have an identical connector column with the same name on each files and the same identifier for product.

I would like to offer you to send us your csv files to have a look at them and to test the import on a test site. Please provide a download link in your next message.

Kind regards
Andreas

The topic ‘[Closed] Products are not connecting’ is closed to new replies.