Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 2 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
September 18, 2019 at 3:01 pm #4597791

Jordi Romeu

Good afternoon,

We have a wocommerce shop for our customer's. It's private, so you will need user and password to see it.

Please access in this url:

hidden link

When you login, you will be directed to the shop's page in default language (hidden link).

At the end of the page you will find a section called "TOTS ELS PRODUCTES". In catalan language (default) you will find all the products listed.

But if you go to spanish shop page (hidden link), i you scroll down you will find "TODOS LOS PRODUCTOS" but products are not listed.

We tried to solve it translating all the slugs under WPML > Woocommerce multilingual > Sotre URLs (shop page, product base, product category base, and product tag base). We read in other posts it could be the solution. But it's still not working.

What can we do?

Thanks,

Jordi

September 19, 2019 at 10:24 am #4603535

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+02:00)

Hey Jordi,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

I used the credentials so I can see the pages you attached. However, I'll need access to the dashboard area so I can have a look at the settings and at the way that the TOTS ELS PRODUCTES section is created. In this case, could you send me some other credentials for the admin area, please?

The next reply is set to be private so you can safely send me the credentials.

Thanks,
Radu

September 23, 2019 at 9:44 am #4622053

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jordi,

Thank you for giving me access to the dashboard area. I checked it and I could see that the products are only in Catalan language. The shop page is not displaying any product because you have no product in English, for example. There are two options now:

• 1. You can start translating the products on all the languages. You can have a look here for some more details about how you can do this: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#translating-products
  • 2. You can display the products from Catalan on the other languages too. All you have to do is to go Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation → Products and select the middle option (Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language). Now, if you go to any shop page from the secondary language, products will show up.

Please try one of these two options and tell me how things work this time.

Thanks,
Radu

September 23, 2019 at 1:44 pm #4624655

Jordi Romeu

Hey Radu,

You're right that there are no products in English. But the problem, at this moment, is with Spanish. All products are translated and it's not working.

Jordi

September 23, 2019 at 8:52 pm #4626645

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jordi,

Can you tell me how did you create the Spanish translation of the products, please? I'm asking this because the WooCommerce → WooCommeerce Multilingual page shows that there's no Spanish translation for the products (hidden link). I just want to see why are the translations not recognized by WPML.

Thanks,
Radu

September 24, 2019 at 5:42 am #4628085

Jordi Romeu

Hi!

If you go to hidden link, you will see Spanish translations are created.

They where created through WP All Import plugin through this process:

- Go to WP All Import
- Upload CSV file with Spanish translation
- Select "Woocommerce Products"
- On step 3, in WPML All Import plugin selecting the options on the attached file to match new Spanish products with Catalan products.

Jordi

October 1, 2019 at 9:36 am #4670347

Radu
Supporter

Hey Jordi,

I looked into this a few more times but I couldn't find the reason why the translated products are not recognised in WooCommerce → WooCommerce Multilingual.

In this case, could you create a duplicator package (as explained https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/), and send me the CSV file for the Spanish products too, please? I want to create a copy of your website on my side and try to import the products. This way I'll be able to check this out a bit closer and see what's going on.

Just give me a message back once the package is created and I'll log into the dashboard area to download it.

Thanks,
Radu

The topic ‘[Closed] Products are not showing in shop's page in secondary language’ is closed to new replies.