This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, please make sure you are using the latest WPML 4.3.15 before reporting an issue, thanks!

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Laura 1 week, 4 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Laura.

Author Posts
May 22, 2020 at 1:54 pm #6196017

alexandreB-43

Hi, I'm working on a Woocommerce wordpress store. Before installing WMPL everything was working great, but after installing all the WMPL plugins, my products categories are not working anymore... Everything on my website is well translated and working, but when I want to access a category page, it breaks. Can you help me with that?

thanks!

May 23, 2020 at 11:49 am #6200899

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Could you please elaborate more on the issue? What does it mean the site "breaks"?

From the screenshot you sent, it just seems there are no products associated with the category.
I can see you use the setting "fallback to default language" for products. Please notice that if you use this option and you translate the categories, there will be no products associated to the translated categories. This is because fallback products do not exist in the second language.

If you want to use translated categories, you'll have to duplcate your products https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/