Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 8:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 15:00 – 17:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author Posts
November 7, 2022 at 1:45 pm #12400555

magneF-2

I have 2 issues.

1. Two times today, products have spontaneously disappeared from my shop.
hidden link

I fix it by eighter turning WPML CMS NAV off and on again or I switch the theme and back again.
But this appears only to a temporary solution, and I do not know why they disappear in the first place.

2. Translation does not kick in.

I first machine-translated pages and then sent them to a translator who went through them all. She has many times said - But I have already translated this?!

Today I watched her translate one page, and I remember how we discussed the translation of a certain headline. A few minutes later, she completed the translation. But it did not kick in. The machine translation is still in affect?! This is very bad, because that headline say we sell ashtrays and creepy men. The translation went terrible wrong.

So I tend to think it is true; she might have gone through the translation many times without it kicking in. We are talking about the WPML advanced translator.

November 7, 2022 at 6:56 pm #12403149

Laura
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

thanks for contacting us.

Could you please check if there are errors in WPML > Support > Advanced Translation Editor and if so which ones?

November 8, 2022 at 2:05 am #12404973

magneF-2

Hello.

There are several, but the latest was from 31/10. Se attached file.

I have a theory about lost translations.

This happened again yesterday as we fixed some of the translations that weren't saved while I was talking with her. We fixed the missing translations and published them, confirming that they were live. However, a link went to a page in the wrong language for some reason.
I already had the Elementor editor open in one of my tabs, so I fixed that and published it.

Suddenly, the translation text was reverted to an earlier version, maybe not surprisingly. Elementor must have overwritten the page's content - as it's supposed to.
This might be the culprit. So if this is the case, its nothing wrong with WPML as of this issue.

The other issue, however, products disappearing - is still a mystery. I do not know how to recreate it. Only how to temporarily fix it.

WPML-error-2.jpg
November 10, 2022 at 10:31 am #12428411

Nigel
Supporter

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hi there

Let me take over here. Sorry for the delayed response, the support load is particularly high at the moment and we are getting through issues as quickly as we can.

Let's focus on the missing products.

The other issue looks like it is caused by mixing translation methods, i.e. using the WPML translation editor, but also editing content direcly (whether that is in the WordPress editor or another editor such as Elementor). You must choose what translation method you will use and then stick to it, or your existing translations can be lost.

Can you give me concrete examples of products that are missing? (We'll have to do this when the problem occurs before you fix it as you described above, so that I can try and spot why the products are not showing.)

I'll need access to be able to check your site. It would be much better if we could do this on a staging site, but if not, be sure to have a current backup of your site. I may need to temporarily add plugins to help inspect your site, but I don't intend to make any persistent changes.

Let me mark your next reply as private so that I can get log-in credentials from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for me to use that you can later delete.

November 18, 2022 at 1:48 am #12486121

magneF-2

Hello. Sorry for my absence. It has been working well for a while, but today I woke up to an empty shop.

I synced my site in this very condition to my staging environment. I can hand you login credentials.

November 21, 2022 at 12:33 pm #12503859

Nigel
Supporter

Sure, I have set up a private reply to get credentials from you...

November 21, 2022 at 1:13 pm #12504155

Nigel
Supporter

Am I supposed to be looking for some products in particular?

When I go to the shop page there are a number of products shown, and I can switch to the other languages and also see products available in the shop.

Can you guide me to what specifically I should be looking at?

November 21, 2022 at 1:17 pm #12504187

magneF-2

Did you do something?

This page was empty when I coped the page over to the staging environment, and I also confirmed it was empty 2 days ago.
hidden link

It is the shop listing page that suddenly for no reason has no products.

November 21, 2022 at 1:25 pm #12504239

Nigel
Supporter

I just logged in and then went to the shop page to see the problem.

November 21, 2022 at 1:29 pm #12504257

magneF-2

So the issue appears to randomly disappear and appear. Hmm...

November 23, 2022 at 3:42 pm #12520707

Nigel
Supporter

I checked again just now and it still appears to be working okay.

There isn't really much I can do to diagnose a problem if I can't see it.

Please let me know if it happens again so I can check.

November 24, 2022 at 6:24 am #12524291

magneF-2

Hello.

It happened again today. I have attached a screenshot.

I have also synced my site to stage-site, as last time. If you hurry, you might see the issue this time - before it magically goes away.

It is likely that your login credentials disappeared when I synced with my original site, so I might have to submit it again. But please check hidden link

missing products.jpg
November 24, 2022 at 7:16 am #12524493

Nigel
Supporter

Yes, I see the missing products, let me set a private reply to get credentials from you.

November 24, 2022 at 7:32 am #12524555

Nigel
Supporter

Oh. The products are back.

Perhaps for next time you could add the support user on your main server beforehand so it is already set up on the staging site without any further intervention...

November 24, 2022 at 7:38 am #12524565

magneF-2

Yes, that may be for the best. How about you send me an email I can set up wpml for?
Because the one I sent you is used for other support instances as well, I just change the password in between.

The topic ‘[Closed] Products disappear from shop.’ is closed to new replies.