Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 1 year, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
November 11, 2020 at 12:52 pm

Sander

I've been having problems with my secondary translated products for quite some time. They seem to randomly disappear. In the past I was able to make them reappear again by disabling the WMPL translation mode, edit the translation, save it and then save the original. But now that doesn't work anymore.

November 11, 2020 at 1:28 pm
November 12, 2020 at 8:31 pm #7438091

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

We have released a new version(4.4.5) of WPML. It has included some important bug fixes and improvements. So please upgrade to the latest versions of WPML after a full site backup and check is there any difference in the result - https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/11/wpml-4-4-5-bug-fixes-for-wpml-core-string-translation-translation-management-media-translation-and-more/

Just to make sure, the issue only happening with the products belonging to this category - hidden link?

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 15, 2020 at 11:27 am #7451101

Sander

Hi Bigul,
Unfortunately it's not only happening on that page. It seems the products get randomly out of sync. I also have updated to 4.4.5, but the problem still exists.
I would really appreciate help.

November 16, 2020 at 8:06 pm #7461341

Sander

When can i expect a follow-up ?

November 16, 2020 at 8:38 pm #7461609

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback. It requires further testing. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin - https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/ for debugging the issue on my local server. It will help us to troubleshoot the issue without affecting the live site.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 17, 2020 at 12:49 pm #7466393

Sander

Hi Bigul,
Do you want me to make the duplicate, or will you do that?

November 17, 2020 at 7:42 pm #7469905

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site now, will debug it further locally, and get back to you as early as possible. Please wait.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

November 19, 2020 at 9:38 pm #7488215

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

I was able to reproduce the issue on my local copy. The issue is existing after the initial WPML and WooCommerce Multilingual troubleshooting steps. But it shows the expected result for me after the following steps. It may be a cache issue.

a) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML except WooCommerce
b) Then hidden link was showing the expected output
c) Activate the plugins as a group of three or four

So please try the deactivation & reactivation of non WPML plugins after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-11-20_03-01-26.png