If you are having a notice about writing the .mo files please read this doc

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
August 11, 2019 at 12:18 pm #4376939

nikolaosP-5

I have German as default language and English as secondary.
In shop page ( catalog) products are missing in German.

August 11, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4376941

nikolaosP-5

I disabled all other plugins , except Woocommerce and WPML.

August 12, 2019 at 11:14 am #4380293

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+01:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can I ask if the issue is here?
hidden link

I suspect this may be a theme compatibility issue, but I may be wrong. Can I ask you to install your theme here?

One Click Login:
hidden link
Benutzername:demo
Passwort:vLW4vhfPW098

I have installed WPML, WooCommerce and added several products, all in German. Can you only install your theme and set the shop page in the same way? Let's see where will this take us.

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 13, 2019 at 8:52 am #4386147

nikolaosP-5

Hello,

I uploaded and activated theme,
changed German to de_DE_formal,
changed to "Different languages in directories "
added Shop pages in both languages,
changed user language to English in My Profile, I am not a German speaker, so my Dashboard will in English despite the fact , that WordPress default language is in German
added to main menu Shop link and language switcher

I translated one product to English ,

and now when you go to Shop link in main menu , you will see no product in German at all

August 13, 2019 at 11:34 am #4387427

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

I was able to get this working:
hidden link

But the problem is that I don't know how. Things I did:
- WPML -> Theme and plugins localization -> disabled "Angenommen, die Originalsprache aller Strings ist Englisch"
- only opened hidden link
- went to Design -> Theme Setup and skipped them all

I did notice that I was able to modify the German Shop page and that is something I should not be able to, but now it works and I am not able. The most important thing is that when listing pages, both original and translation should be set as "Shop page". You can also go to WooCommerce -> status -> tools -> Create default WooCommerce pages and try it like this.

Or perhaps remove all the WooCommerce pages and then re-create them by using the above button and then creates translation of the shop page. Let me know how it goes!

Regards,
Bruno Kos

August 15, 2019 at 7:51 am #4399345

nikolaosP-5

Hi Bruno,
It is actually working now again on my page, I re-saved permalinks, and created new Shop pages.
But problem is , that already at least three times in the past, this problem was coming back.

If it possible, don't close this topic , so I can contact you again if problem returns.

August 19, 2019 at 5:53 am #4413625

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Hi,

But problem is , that already at least three times in the past, this problem was coming back.

This may be related to this:
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/shop-page-in-default-language-randomly-disappears/page/2/#post-4378475

This is an issue we had difficult time to fix, because nobody exactly knew what triggers it. You can see on my answer how we were able to reproduce this and further information ( about fixing it).

Regards,
Bruno Kos