This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by udoT 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
October 26, 2018 at 8:29 pm #2854190

udoT

I built a shop with german categories only. Than added all products in german and with english translation. After that I started translating the categories. Now, the products dont show up in the english translated categories.
When I go into the english translation of the product and save it again (without doing any changes) the product shows up. I tried the tools on the wpml debug page (clear cache and sync taxonomies) but that doesnt help.

October 29, 2018 at 7:37 pm #2859348

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'll be happy to help you with this.

Please go to WPML -> Taxonomy Translations and select Categories. Then, click on the hierarchy synchronization tab. Does it show the option to synchronize the categories?

If not, please try bulk updating the products. You can do this by going to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings and switch to the native WordPress editor. Then, go to your list of products page and use the admin language switcher to change languages. Select all products and in the bulk edit drop down, select edit. Then open one product and click Update/Save without making changes. This should update all products and assign the translated categories.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.

October 29, 2018 at 7:46 pm #2859380

udoT

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!