This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 57 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
December 26, 2018 at 9:31 pm #3035174

brunoM-33

I am trying to:
translate a campaign

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
translate campaigns

Instead, I got:
duplicated campaign

When someone create a campaign in Portuguese it doesnt automatic create a a english version and when i try to translate it creates another product instead having the same campaign but just translated. When translate the campaign goal apear in 0 euros and if someone donate it only donates for one language. Is there a away to sync them so it is only one campaign?

Thanks

Bruno

December 26, 2018 at 10:10 pm #3035196

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hi!

Could you please provide some more detailed info about how the website was build? Which plugins did you use? How did you translate the content?

To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us:
http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

Kind regards
Andreas

December 26, 2018 at 11:03 pm #3035257

brunoM-33

Here is the debut

December 26, 2018 at 11:05 pm #3035259

brunoM-33

It looks like it needs to apply the right settings to what can be translated on products. Please give me some directions

December 27, 2018 at 12:11 am #3035356

brunoM-33

Can you see the debut now?

basically i want the products (campaigns) and pages to be the same but only translated to other language instead of having 2 different campaigns or pages.

December 27, 2018 at 2:37 pm #3037231

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

Thank you for the debug info.

When creating products or campaigns with WooCommerce the proper way is to always create the campaign in the default language and then to translate it with our plugin WooCommerce Multilingual.

Did you translate your campaings at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Products?

Usually this way a translation would be a copy of the original product.

I would like to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site to take a better look at the issue. It would be better to a testing site where the issue is replicated.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Maybe I'll need to replicate your site locally. For this, I’ll need to temporarily install a plugin called “Duplicator” on your site. This will allow me to create a copy of your site and your content. Once the problem is resolved I will delete the local site. Let me know if this is ok with you.

IMPORTANT

Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access.
If you do not see the wp-admin/FTP fields this means your post & website login details will be made PUBLIC. DO NOT post your website details unless you see the required wp-admin/FTP fields. If you do not, please ask me to enable the private box. The private box looks like this:
hidden link

Also please could you please increase your Memory Limit and WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

MemoryLimit 512M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

/* Memory Limit /
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

Kind regards
Andreas

December 27, 2018 at 4:51 pm #3037950

brunoM-33

ftp server is hidden link

December 27, 2018 at 4:51 pm #3037952

brunoM-33

port 21 if needed

December 27, 2018 at 5:17 pm #3038035

brunoM-33

it was working creating a campaign in portuguese and it was creating automatically in English and i had only to translate it but then i changed some settings and now when i create in portuguese nothing shows in English and if i try to translate the campaign target gets in 0 euros. I can change that but if someone donate it only appears in one language but i want it to be only one campaign no matter which language it is.

December 27, 2018 at 10:29 pm #3038594

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hi!

WooCommercer Products shall always be translated at WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Productos. Also the tab "Estado" will give a good overview about which parts of your store are missing translations. This tab also includes the option "troubleshooting" for syncing your store elements.

I further made some adjustments at Settings -> Permalinks as you been using the permalink "Campanha"for your English content. Please take note that you can set the proper language and translations for each slug.

I now translated the product "test23" from Portuguese to English. You can visist the shop page now and switch the language between the both products. Please make a test payment and let me know if it leads to the expected result.

I further tried to translate the existing campaign "El Manolito..." but for some reason the English Editor page ends up in an empty page. I realized that this product exists twice inside your English Products. Please verify this by going to your Admin Dashboard -> Productos -> Inglés and delete the double entry for this product.

Then please try to translate the product again with WooCommerce Multilingual.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas

December 27, 2018 at 11:56 pm #3038645

brunoM-33

Hi

if you look at the goal test23 in English is 0 euros. When you translate a campaign it creates another product. You can test it and pay by bank transfer to see if is working and then change to complete in Woocommerce>Orders. Its possible to change that if desactivating woocommerce multilingual but it still gona be 2 different campaigns as if i do a donation in portuguese the money will only shows in portuguese.
I need only one campaign in different languages.

December 28, 2018 at 12:09 am #3038674

brunoM-33

Campaigns are not woocomerce products they are campaigns connected to WP crowdfunding plugin

December 28, 2018 at 12:13 am #3038676

brunoM-33

You can create campaigns if you want so you can test it. before was duplicating the content when creating in portuguese and then I just change it to English but the opposite wanst possible. Now neither in portuguese or English is possible because change to different campaigns

December 28, 2018 at 12:51 am #3038678

brunoM-33

So I found something...In WPML settings changed products to allow to be translatable and that will work to create campaigns in portuguese and that automatically create an English campaign, but if I try to translate will change the campaign and make a new one in English with 0 euros goal.

December 28, 2018 at 1:09 pm #3040132

brunoM-33

I changed the memory limit to 4GB and add that line to Wp config file, but still shows 40M. Maybe is in cache