Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Konrad Karpieszuk 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Konrad Karpieszuk.

Author Posts
September 29, 2017 at 12:04 pm #1387230

yuriH

I am trying to import a second language for our Woocommerce products. Before today, products in our shop had only one language (dutch), alle other static pages had two languages (dutch & french). As the products in our shop weren't translated yet, evertything went fine the past few months. We are running a automatic import of our products every night, so new products are added and existing products updated.

Today, when we try to create a new import (following the steps in the WPML ALL import guide https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/wpml-all-import-plugin-website-import-with-wpml/) our new import (with french translation) is overwritting our base language (dutch) and converting them into the french products. Result: 0 products in Dutch, All products in French. We use the SKU for record matching so that's not the problem.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

hidden link

I expected to see:

Products in dutch and products in french

Instead, I got:

Only products in french after importing the french translations (dutch ones are overwritten).

October 2, 2017 at 10:45 am #1388727

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

Hello, I am Konrad

I think this is not possible if products originally were not imported with language information.

I understand that you had imported products to original language some time ago, yes? Import files had not specified language connector field, yes?

So now when you are importing, but with language information, WP All Import is not able to recognize that old products are in fact the same but just with language added. This way it overwrites old one so you lost this data.

WPML All Import supports only repetitive imports for products which had language connecor field set from very beginning.

As a workaround I can only suggest to kimport original products with language connector field (field which stores relation between products in different languages) and then translated products.

October 3, 2017 at 6:24 am #1389491

yuriH

Hi Konrad,

Thanks for the reply.

We already did a total removal of all products in our database and imported the products again, with 'original language' specification in the WPML add-on. So that's not the problem...

Do you have other suggestions?

We use the SKU as connector, this is unique for every product.

We really don't know what's going wrong, it should be so easy but yet...

October 3, 2017 at 10:00 am #1389850

Konrad Karpieszuk
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+01:00)

could I get csv/xml files which you are importing so I will try to reproduce it? I will mark your next reply as private. You will see field to provide url to your wordpress installation, but in fact please upload zip with csv files somewhere and type the url in this field.

The topic ‘[Closed] Products in original language are deleted when importing second language’ is closed to new replies.