This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 32 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by abdullahA-40 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
August 9, 2018 at 7:37 pm #2630740

abdullahA-40

I raised a support thread before for my issue with products not appearing in second language and I was busy and couldn't respond until it was closed.

so i did what I was told by Mr. Shekhar Bhandari but nothing changed. There isn't any missing translations pages.

This is the page:
hidden link

I will provide the debugging information.

Best regards,

August 9, 2018 at 10:12 pm #2631147

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

Just as a test, did you try using the default theme to see if the products are going to be displayed?

If so, I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

August 10, 2018 at 9:54 pm #2635480

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you. This looks like it had an invalid post_type about the translation of the shop. I just updated issue on the WooCommerce > WooCommerce Multilingual > Status and now the products are being displayed correctly in English.

Please, could you verify that the products are being displayed correctly?

Thank you.

August 11, 2018 at 7:57 am #2636144

abdullahA-40

Dear Bruno,
unfortunately the products are not showing as you can see in attachment

Regards,

August 13, 2018 at 1:34 pm #2640023

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Have you changed any options on your site? I again see that the "product_type" taxonomy has changed.

For the "product_type" and "product_visibility" options on the WPML > Settings > Taxonomies Translation, you should keep them as the default: "Not translatable".

I also noticed that multiple plugins are outdated. Be sure to update the plugins and WordPress. Note that it is recommended to back up your site before updating the plugins.

I again fixed this and the products are being displayed correctly, as you can see in the attached image.

Could you check again, please?

Thank you.

August 14, 2018 at 8:41 pm #2644612

abdullahA-40

Hi there,

I didn't do any thing since you started working on the site.

and right now at this moment the products are still not showing

Regards,

August 14, 2018 at 10:00 pm #2644717

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you for the feedback. On the WPML > Settings > Custom XML Configuration, I added the lines to keep the default setting of WooCommerce Multilingual:

<wpml-config>
    <taxonomies>
        <taxonomy translate="1">product_cat</taxonomy>
        <taxonomy translate="1">product_tag</taxonomy>
        <taxonomy translate="0">product_type</taxonomy>
        <taxonomy translate="0">shop_order_status</taxonomy>
        <taxonomy translate="0">product_visibility</taxonomy>
        <taxonomy translate="1">product_shipping_class</taxonomy>
    </taxonomies>
</wpml-config>

Please, could you verify that the problem is resolved?

Note: also, you are using multiple outdated plugins. Please, could you update all the plugins and WordPress? Remember to backup before updating the plugins.

Thank you.

August 17, 2018 at 11:14 pm #2654832

abdullahA-40

Hi there,

So I update all the plugins and WordPress also the theme. However, the problem is not resolved.

Regards,

August 21, 2018 at 12:09 am #2661188

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. After the products are displayed, what actions do you take to make the products disappear again? For example, follow the steps below:

- Click on the Settings > Permalinks
- Click on the "Save changes" button

By following these steps the products are displayed correctly. After following these steps, what steps do you take to make the products disappear again?

I tried updating the products in the default language and the secondary language, I tried disabling and activating the plugins, etc, but the products are still being displayed on the shop page - this seems to disappear after following some step the products are hidden again.

Thank you.

August 21, 2018 at 1:59 pm #2663402

abdullahA-40

Hi Bruno,

I did not take any actions nor I logged to my account since my last comment. this is exactly my problem before i raised this support ticket is that the product appear after saving the Permalinks and then after awhile they disappear.
Hopefully you can find a solution.

Regards,

August 23, 2018 at 1:02 am #2668370

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Thank you for the explanation. I'm still working on your ticket. I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

August 25, 2018 at 1:33 am #2674442

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Again, my sincere apologies for the delay. I tried to replicate the problem but this works correctly in my environment and even after a few hours the products are still displayed correctly (after updating the permalinks).

That way, I forwarded your ticket to the 2nd tier support. Soon they will test and we will contact you.

Thank you.

August 25, 2018 at 1:23 pm #2675207

abdullahA-40

Hi Bruno,

Thank you for trying your best, BTW I found another website i have that has the same issue.
This is the link for the shop page that the products are not displying:
hidden link

This is the link for the second language where everything appears just fine:
hidden link

maybe you can take a look at it and see if the issue is related.

Best regards,

August 27, 2018 at 8:23 pm #2679901

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I'll forward your second site to the 2nd tier support so they can check it out.

Strangely this always happens with the language in English. In this case, the English language is the default language, in this second link you posted. That is, the secondary language, managed by WPML, works correctly on this second link that you posted.

Please, could you share the credentials of this other site as well? If so, your next message will be private.

Thank you.

August 30, 2018 at 4:49 pm #2691399

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

The 2nd tier support was able to see the problem on your site but not in our test environment. That is, this may be related to your server.

Please, could you update all your plugins and clear the cache to see if the problem persists?

After updating the plugins and clearing the cache, try again and see if the problem happens again.

Thank you.