This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Carlos Rojas 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Carlos Rojas.

Author Posts
July 3, 2019 at 11:32 am #4135515

lisa-annP-2

I'm currently slightly confused about the way WPML handles products. For one, I have all products in "Products" (a seperate menu point), but they're also to be found under WooCommerce Multilingual Translation. I'm not sure which products are the ones being displayed now and I'm looking forward to receive some help. 🙂

Unfortunately, I needed to import everything from qTranslateX so I'm figuring out how to deal with this situation most efficiently.

Thanks for your help!

July 3, 2019 at 12:24 pm #4136189

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: America/Montevideo (GMT-03:00)

Hello,
Thank you for contacting WPML support.

In both cases, under Products and under Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Products tab, the same products are shown.

I recommend you to visit this link where you will find more information about Woocommerce Multilingual: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/

Kind regards,
Carlos

July 3, 2019 at 1:25 pm #4136819

lisa-annP-2

Hi, thanks a lot for your prompt reply!

Since I have used qTranslateX Importer, I'd also appreciate assistance regarding a guideline on how to proceed.

Which content do I have to check? Which steps do have to be taken first? I figured for example that the english Homepage was not converted correctly and needs to be re-copied. A guideline on how which options have to be enabled in order to get a perfect result would be very appreciated. Thanks!

July 3, 2019 at 1:28 pm #4136873

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

Please visit this link where you will find the steps to follow in order to migrate from qTranslate to WPML: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/

Best regards,
Carlos

July 3, 2019 at 1:37 pm #4137033

lisa-annP-2

Already did that, but I thought there was something what happens after. How you need to handle products, wrongly formatted sites, etc.

Thanks.

July 3, 2019 at 2:13 pm #4137251

Carlos Rojas
Supporter

Hi,

I;m sorry but I don' understand your message. Could you elaborate a little bit more so I can have a better understanding?

Regards,
Carlos