This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
May 11, 2018 at 2:48 pm

catarina-maria-silvanod

I've had a recurring issue with the products suddenly not showing in the shop page on the default language. If I switch to the translated language, they are there.

It seems to be coming out of the blue, and I can't clearly identify what triggers this behavior.

I've found two ways of fixing it - re-save permalinks, or deactivating the SEO plugin (I've tried Yoast, All in one, SEOpessor and SEO Framework), I've tried all, and the same issue occurred with having each one active.

I've had the issue with my old website running on Highend Theme, and on the new I just released yesterday running on Sober.

Right now, I have to check the shop page all the time to make sure the products are there, which is quite annoying.

I'm all updated and in Woocommerce Multilingual -> status I have all green ticks.

As I can't force the error to show you, I would like if you could give me some advice on what to do to record this issue, so you can see what happens?

I've turned on wp-debug now.

I have an exact duplication of the website running on another domain, so we can do whatever is needed to solve the issue.

I'm granting access to the duplicated site, as the other one is live.

May 12, 2018 at 2:50 pm #2100401

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, thank you for contacting WPML Support!
I will take care of your ticket.

From your description, it seems like a cache issue.

I can see that you are using the SG optimizer plugin and another cache plugin.

Can you please try Purging all the cache and the disabling one kind of cache at a time to see which one is causing it?
Please start with "Memcache", then if the issue reappears, the "Dynamic cache" and then continue with the other cache plugin.

- Please report me which kind of cache is enabled when the issue comes back.

Thank you

May 13, 2018 at 3:48 pm #2106849

catarina-maria-silvanod

Hi Vincenzo,

Thank you for your message.

Now it happened again, and I did as advised.

Memcache off -> clear cache -> open /shop in incognito browser. No fix
Dynamic cache off -> clear cache -> open /shop in incognito browser. No fix
WP-rocket plugin deactivated -> clear cache -> open /shop in incognito browser. No fix

It happened on .com this time, and as it is live, I had to re-save permalinks for a quick fix.

There is nothing in the debug log other then a ton of these: PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /home/n0m0d7p1/public_html/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/lib/dqml2tree.php on line 475.

I don't understand why this suddenly happens. Do you have any idea? I can see in the support forum here, that there has been an issue with this exact problem earlier.

What can we do to record this fault so you can see what happens?

Kind regards

May 14, 2018 at 7:35 am #2111823

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello,

thank you for the detailed answer.

The error message about the each() function is caused by the fact that WPML, like other plugins, is not yet fully compatible with PHP 7.2. This incompatibility will be solved in the upcoming version of WPML.

1. In the meantime, can you please try switching the PHP version to 7.1 or 7.0?

2. Can you please save a copy of the .htaccess file? You can find it in the main WordPress folder.
If the issue will happen again, before saving the permalinks, please check the .htaccess file and compare it with the previously saved copy.
Let me know if there is some difference.

Thank you

The topic ‘[Closed] Products not showing in shop on default language’ is closed to new replies.