This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bigul 3 weeks, 2 days ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
September 17, 2019 at 11:59 am #4588241

lawrenceA-2

Hi,

Products page loading is very slow, i can't edit any product.

please help me in any way possible I really want you to respond.

Thank you
Sanghamitra

September 18, 2019 at 6:54 am #4592757

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hi Sanghamitra,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please let me know the following details for tracking the issue.

1) How much time the Product page is taking for loading when WPML is active?

2) Which tool or plugin you are using for analyzing the performance issues?

3) To help you faster, I've enabled debug information for this support ticket. Please see this link for how to get this information from your site and give it to us: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 18, 2019 at 8:36 am #4593803

lawrenceA-2

Hi,

Please check information:
1) How much time the Product page is taking for loading when WPML is active?

It will take more than 10 minute when we will load pages or products in backend.

2) Which tool or plugin you are using for analyzing the performance issues?

All plugins are listed below:
1> CategoryTinymce
2> CC & BCC for Woocommerce Order Emails
3> Contact Form 7
4> DHL Express Shipping for WooCommerce
5> InfiniteWP - Client
6> MailPoet 2
7> Math Captcha
8> MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress
9> MetaSlider
10> No Right Click Images Plugin
11> NS WooCommerce Watermark
12> NW ADCart for WooCommerce
13> Really Simple SSL
14> Redux Framework
15> SparkPost
16> WooCommerce
17> WooCommerce Category Accordion.
18> WooCommerce Google Analytics Integration
19> WooCommerce Multilingual
20> WooCommerce PDF Invoices, Packing Slips, Delivery Notes & Shipping Labels (Basic)
21> WooCommerce Table Rate Shipping by Mangohour
22> WooThumbs - Awesome Product Imagery
23> WorldPay Gateway for WooCommerce (Share On Theme123.Net)
24> WP Content Copy Protection & No Right Click
25> WP File Manager
26> WP Super Cache
27> wp_mail return-path
28> WPML Media
29> WPML Multilingual CMS
30> WPML String Translation
31> WPML Translation Management
32> YITH WooCommerce Compare
33> YITH WooCommerce Wishlist
34> Yoast SEO
35> Yoast SEO Multilingual

3) To help you faster, ....

I have sent you WPML debug info.

Please help me in that issue. It's very urgent.

Thank you
Sanghamitra

September 18, 2019 at 12:00 pm #4596133

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the details. Which type of hosting you are using now, shared or VPS or dedicated?

We have released a Beta for the upcoming version of WPML(4.3.0) and it has improvements for the performance. Because of beta is it not recommend in the live site. So it is possible for you to consider staging site(clone copy of the live site on the same server) to try with Beta version of WPML. Please check the following links for more details.

https://wpml.org/2019/09/wpml-4-3-0-beta-with-faster-string-translation-and-multisite/

https://wpml.org/2019/08/wpml-4-3-beta-1-with-much-faster-string-translation/

Maybe you are facing this issue because of compatibility conflicts. So to make sure if possible, please do the following steps.

a) Backup your site first
b) Switch for a moment to a WordPress default theme like 2017
c) Deactivate all the plugins that are not related to WPML
d) If the issue is gone, activate the plugin one by one to see with which one there is an interaction issue

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 19, 2019 at 9:56 am #4603255

lawrenceA-2

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for your quick response, we sincerely followed your instruction but still we landed at same problem.

It's a dedicated server.

I changed theme but i am having same problem.

When i deactivate WPML Translation Management plugin then i can load All Products page and edit product page.
Now my site is loading fine but error message showing in backend WooCommerce
" Multilingual is enabled but not effective. It requires WPML Translation Management in order to work. "

Thanks
Sanghamitra

September 19, 2019 at 4:59 pm #4607493

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the feedback. Please note, WPML Translation Management plugin must be active for the functioning of WooCommerce Multilingual. I have the following requests for tracking the issue.

a) Is it possible for you to consider a staging site(clone copy of the live site) on the same server? So we can debug the issue without affecting your live site.

b) Please check you are getting any JavaScript errors in the browser console while having this slow performance

c) Please share with me the WordPress debug.log (not WPML debug information). Please check this page for instructions https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

To enable it, open your wp-config.php file and look for define(‘WP_DEBUG’, false);. Change it to:

// Enable WP_DEBUG mode
define( 'WP_DEBUG', true );

// Enable Debug logging to the /wp-content/debug.log file
define( 'WP_DEBUG_LOG', true );

// Disable display of errors and warnings 
define( 'WP_DEBUG_DISPLAY', false );
@ini_set( 'display_errors', 0 );

// Use dev versions of core JS and CSS files (only needed if you are modifying these core files)
define( 'SCRIPT_DEBUG', true );

In this case, the errors will be saved to a debug.log log file inside the */wp-content/* directory. Please do the steps to reproduce the bug and check you are getting any errors or warning related to WPML in the log file.

If you can paste your debug.log to http://pastebin.com/index.php and provide me that link it would be great! (This is the cleanest way because sometimes the logs are long and create a complete mess of discussion).

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 20, 2019 at 6:37 pm #4614077

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the feedback and login information of staging site. Please note, it is a public forum so don't share the credentials in the open threads. It may harm your site. Therefore I have marked the previous reply as private.

Please check the attached image. I am getting The site is experiencing technical difficulties. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions. notification while accessing Products listing page. Rest of the Products menu items are working as normal.

Therefore I have the following requests for further debugging.

a) Please allow me to do debugging steps on the staging site including upgrading to WPML 4.3 Beta version

b) Please allow me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

c) Please share me the FTP credentials of the staging site

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 23, 2019 at 1:17 pm #4624377

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the staging site and its credentials. I have tried with WPML 4.3 Beta version on it and the Products list is accessible now. Please check it and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 24, 2019 at 5:47 am #4628117

lawrenceA-2

Hi Bigul,

I have checked all pages are loading fine. Thank you very much for your help

please suggest me how can update WPML 4.3 Beta version in live site.

Thanks
Sanghamitra

September 24, 2019 at 12:34 pm #4631557

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the updates. We have released a new version for WPML 4.2.9 yesterday. It has included fixes for related issues. So I have tried with 4.2.9 on the staging site now and Products page is working as expected.

So please upgrade to the latest version of WPML on the live site after a full site backup and make sure you are getting the expected result or not.

Please note, the beta version is not recommended in the live site. Because it is still in a development and QA stage.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 25, 2019 at 7:29 am #4636275

lawrenceA-2

Hi Bigul,

Thanks for your quick response, we followed your instruction and we have updated WPML 4.2.9 version but still we landed at same problem.

But when I have installed Beta version it's loading fine.

Currently we have WPML 4.2.9 stable version but still we landed at same problem.

Could you please suggest me what we will do?

Thank you
Sanghamitra

September 25, 2019 at 3:23 pm #4640491

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the feedback. Have you switched to Beta version in the live site?

WPML 4.3.0 is still in the QA stage and it will require at least more than a week for the official release. Actually, we will not recommend the beta version in the live site because it is still in the QA phase. Thank you for your understanding.

Beta version will be available in the following locations. Please check the attached images.

a) Go to Plugins>>Add New>>Commercial, choose *Beta* option for the *Updates channel* dropdown

b) Go to https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, select *Beta* option for *CHOOSE CHANNEL* dropdown. But we have to manually download and upload the plugins

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2019 at 6:33 am #4643727

lawrenceA-2

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for your prompt reply.
We have switched to Beta version in live site it's loading fine. but you don't recommend to implement Beta version in live site that's why we have
install WPML 4.2.9 stable version.

Same loading problem in WPML 4.2.9 stable version.

We have checked Beta version available in WPML account Download page.

Please suggest us the best way.

Will we use stable version or Beta version or we will wait for official release?

Thank you
Sanghamitra

September 26, 2019 at 7:33 am #4644047

Bigul
Supporter

Hi Sanghamitra,

Thank you for the feedback. Because of this special case, you can use the Beta version in the live site. But please take a full site backup before switching to Beta version. As I mentioned before it is only recommended to production/staging site. Thank you for your understanding.

You can switch to the Beta version by following one of the below options. The only difference is one is automatic and another is manual.

a) Go to Plugins>>Add New>>Commercial, choose *Beta* option for the *Updates channel* dropdown

b) Go to https://wpml.org/account/downloads/, select *Beta* option for *CHOOSE CHANNEL* dropdown. But we have to manually download and upload the plugins

--
Thanks!

Bigul

September 26, 2019 at 11:16 am #4646037

lawrenceA-2

Hi Bigul,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

If we will use Beta version in live site, Is there any problem in future in live site.

Please suggest me quickly so we can activate Beta version.

Thank
Sanghamitra