This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 23 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by federicoG-15 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Itamar.

Author Posts
June 18, 2019 at 7:56 am #4041079

reneG-2

The prices on my webshop, has on 2 instances over the last week, shown euro prices in the frontend on the danish version, instead of the regular price in dkk.

so the dkk price for instance is 199kr and the euro price is 29,95€, but in the front end, the price is displayed as 29,95kr.

on both occasions, it's only 4 products that has expirenced this error.

WPML Multilingual CMS was running 4.2 and wasn't the newest version
String Translation was running 2.1 and wasn't the newest version
translation management wasn't the newest version
media translation was running 2.5 and wasn't the newest version

i was also having a few errors, but could the lag of updated versions be the reason for the price errors?.

June 18, 2019 at 3:06 pm #4044669

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+03:00)

Hi.

Yes, it might be that the lag of update is the reason for this issue. Please update everything and see if the issue persists.

Other issues that I suspect might be the problem are the following.

A. The translated products need updating. Please check if there is no circle arrow icon next to the other language on the editing screen of the product or in WooCommerce Multilingual.

B. By looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.6 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform that procedure and see if it help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

June 29, 2019 at 8:51 pm #4112861

reneG-2

Hi Itamar, I updated all the plugins - and the problem still persist.

I figured out when exactly the issue happens.

When a user completes a purchase in euro, for some reason the product is updated(might be when it changes stock lvl), when the product then is updated, the Dkk price, takes the figures from the euro price, so that it changes from 199dkk to 29,95dkk and that is now the price that is shown fro the product, on the frontend of the website - the only way for me to change it back, is to go into the backend and open the product, it will look correct in the backend, with the price saying it's 199dkk and 29,95 euro for the translated price. I have to change the Dkk price, to fx 1991 save and publish, and then change it back to the 199, before I can change it to back to 199 from 29,95.. if I just press save on the product, without doing that change, it does not work.. I have momentarily disabled the English language on the site, so that the prices don't change...

i have today updated the memory limit - I assume that the previous 40mb memory limit can't be the cause of the issue by itself.?

Thanks,
René

June 29, 2019 at 9:22 pm #4112885

reneG-2

I just re-tested, and the issue still persists, after the memory limit update.
I have added a screenshot, for reference - so that you can see it. the original price, prior to the order was 199.

June 30, 2019 at 4:01 pm #4114419

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

I suspect that there is a collision with the theme or another plugin that might cause this problem. If possible, get your site into a minimum environment. Minimum environment means switching to a default WordPress theme like Twentyseventeen and no plugins activated except WPML.
Is it possible for you to try it?
You will need first to check if the problem persists when just the theme is switched to Twentynineteen (for example). If it persists then deactivate all plugins except the WPML and its add-ons and WooCommerce itself without any of its extensions. Then please check if the problem persists. If it does not persist so start by activating the plugins one by one and check when the problem comes back, then report to me which was the culprit plugin.

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

*** If your site is a live site you might want first to try those procedures in a staging environment or a snapshot of your site on your local server or another server. ***

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 7, 2019 at 5:09 am #4157127

reneG-2

I haven’t had a chance to test out your suggestion, but will do it today or tomorrow.

Thanks!

July 7, 2019 at 8:22 am #4157395

Itamar
Supporter

OK, please let me know once you have tested that.

Thanks,
Itamar.

July 9, 2019 at 11:44 am #4170297

reneG-2

Hi Itamar,

So i think i found out what plugin is creating the problem.
Orbisius Child Theme Creator

so it's currently disabled and i have re-activated english on the website.
I've done a couple of test purchases myself, but i think it need to get a real purchase in before i can fully confirm that it's all good again.

so i'll get back to you as soon as i have confirmed it.

July 9, 2019 at 2:10 pm #4171713

Itamar
Supporter

Ok, I'm glad that you might have found the cause of this issue.
I'll ait for your reply.

Regards,
Itamar.

July 22, 2019 at 7:23 pm #4261007

reneG-2

We just had a new example of the issue, it seems that the product gets updated after purchase, to update stock lvl..

Is there anything else i could try?

July 23, 2019 at 8:47 am #4264091

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Has this issue happened again while the suspected plugin 'Orbisius Child Theme Creator still deactivated?
Did you try the full minimum environment procedure (all plugins deactivated) that I've suggested?

You write: "...it seems that the product gets updated after purchase, to update stock lvl.."
By 'stock lvl' do you mean 'stock level'?
I'm not sure what you mean by this remark and how the wrong price is connected to the stock level.
Can you please elaborate?

It might better if I'll also take a look at the backend of your site, so if you want, please share with me the access to your site.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 4, 2019 at 3:14 pm #4336605

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the access details.

Please let me know when things are ready and I can check things on the site.
For now, access to the staging site is enough.

Thanks,
Itamar.

August 5, 2019 at 8:46 am #4339065

reneG-2

Hi Itamar,

The site is setup with test payment gateway now, where you can use these test credentials.

Cardnumber: 1000 0000 0000 0008
Exp date: 12/21
CVV:123

I have done some tests now, after it's up and running.

1: product is posh tortoise.. this order was done with all plugins active
and it produced the price error.. you can know see that the price amount is the same, if you switch between the two languages. (39)

2: product is winnie demi olive - this order has been done a couple of times, with most plugins deactivated, it had the same problem as the order above..

I have afterwards gone in and first updated the dkk price to 1999, pressed update, and then changed it to 199 and updated again, and then it's the correct price that is shown in the shop again, if i just press update without changing the price to 1999, it does not update the price in the front end..

But now, after a couple re-tries on this specific product, it doesn't change the price.. so i assume that if a product has had this error, and it has had it's price updated, it's not replacing the dkk price with the euro one anymore.. But there most be something fundamentally wrong since the problem is there in the first place.

August 5, 2019 at 8:50 am #4339089

reneG-2

Oh, and please just write TEST in the firstname field 🙂

August 5, 2019 at 7:00 pm #4342631

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for the extra details.

I can't reproduce the problem on your site. Here is what I've tried.
1. Create a new product in the Dansk language. The product is Test WPML product
hidden link
2. Set the DKK price of the product to 10 DKK.
3. For the Euro, I set the price manually by selcting 'Set prices in other currencies manually'.
4. I changed the price to 5 Euro. Please see the attached screenshot edit-product-screen.jpg
5. I translated the product to English.
6. I purchased the product on the front-end. I did it on another browser where I was not logged in.
7. I checked the product's price in DKK and it didn't change to the Euro price. You can see it here. hidden link
Am I following the correct steps?
If not then please give me the correct steps on how to replicate the issue.

Also, you wrote: "2: product is winnie demi olive - this order has been done a couple of times, with most plugins deactivated, it had the same problem as the order above.."
Can you please try it with all the third-party plugins deactivated?
Please leave active only WooCommerce itself (without any of its add-ons), WPML, String Translation, Translation Management, WooCommerce Multilingual.

Thanks,
Itamar.

The topic ‘[Closed] Products price change on it's own in woocommerce’ is closed to new replies.