Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.02 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 15 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
April 22, 2021 at 8:09 am #8597939

Tim

Hello There,

We are having a pretty annoying issue where randomly the products on the shoppages disappear and it shows an empty page or the message you can see in the screenshot.

We can get the product back by resaving the permalinks but we would like to find a permanent solution for this issue.

As far as i know there isnt anything we are doing manually that triggers this problem.

Schermafbeelding 2021-04-22 om 09.47.12.png
April 24, 2021 at 5:02 am #8613467

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Could you please increase the WP Memory limit to 256M? 128M is the minimum required by WPML.
Your current values are:

PHP MemoryLimit 512M
WP Memory Limit 40M
Add this code to your wp-config.php to increase WP memory:

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

Paste it just before:

/ That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. /

These settings can be limited directly by your hosting provider, so I recommend you to contact and ask them to modify them directly.
If you can get even higher values It would be great.

https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Note: WPML needs a minimum WP Memory limit of 128M to work only under a minimal environment, it means, with a default theme and not other plugins installed.

As this is a random issue, it is most likely related the memory. If the issue keeps occuring afterwards, please reach out again.

Best regards
Andreas

April 28, 2021 at 6:34 am #8640751

Tim

Hello There,

Unfortunately the problem did happen again yesterday, i've made the changes you recommended and i can see it works when i go to WPML > Support..

Regards,
Marvin Arts

April 28, 2021 at 12:36 pm #8644527

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

If the issue persists, please provide me more details about what is occuring.

We need ot be clear if it is really a random issue or if there is a special event that is triggering the problem. It would be very helpful for troubleshooting, if we would know that the issue occurs after translating content, or maybe after a purchase occired or a original product had been updated.

The private reply form is enabled. Please provide me access as admin. I might need to install a plugin like "All In One WP Migration" in order to take a copy of the site for debugging.

Best regards
Andreas

April 28, 2021 at 2:16 pm #8645383

Tim

Hi there,

Sadly the problem occured again around 1pm today, i see there is a order around the same time so maybe it has something to do with that, i can provide you with a development environment of the website where you can debug?

April 29, 2021 at 2:38 am #8649613

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Yes, please. The private reply form is enabled. Make sure to provide access as admin.

If needed, I will take a copy of the site with the plugin "All In One WP Migration" for debugging it on a virtual server.

Best regards
Andreas

April 29, 2021 at 7:08 am #8650961

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

I am sadly not able to to test with the current site URL format.

The test site is using the same language domains than the live site. See screenshot.

Do you mind if we select a different site URL structure like "Languages in directories" and check if we can recreate the issue? Otherwise, please set up subdomaisn on the staging, in order for being able to test.

I would suggest using subdomains, then disabling all other third plugin and test only with WPML and WooCommerce by making a purchase. If the issue does not occur reactivate the third plugins one by one, make another purchase and verify if the issue occured again.

Like this proceed until you find the plugin that is causing the issue.

In the meantime I am taking a copy of the site for testing it on a virtual server and I will be in contact sooner.

Best regards
Andreas

April 29, 2021 at 7:55 am #8651141

Tim

Whoops my bad, feel free to change the url structure since its not the live environment 🙂

Regards,
Marvin

April 29, 2021 at 9:48 am #8652209

Tim

Just to let you know,

At 10am the problem happened again and there isn't a order around that time, i saw a cronjob called woocommerce_cleanup_sessions around the same time and ive just temporarily disabled that one to see if that might be the problem.

April 29, 2021 at 4:10 pm #8656109

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Please let me know about the results once some time has passed and make sure ot have WP-Debug enabled.

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/

Is there maybe any error regarding those CRON jobs in this documentation?

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/cron-jobs-run-by-wpml-and-woocommerce-multilingual/

Best regards
Andreas

May 3, 2021 at 9:36 am #8674281

Tim

Hello There!

Unfortunately this morning it happend again, i did find a error in the rewrite rules, and after i flushed it everything came back.

I did turn on the WP_Debug but unfortunately i can't find the error logs..

Screenshot_20.png
May 4, 2021 at 8:32 am #8681703

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

As I was reviewing the ticket and your screenshots, do I understand right, that the product do disappear even on the original english shop page?

This said, the issue might even be related to something else than WPML.

Would you be able to set up a staging and test if the same issue occurs when WPML is disabled?

Best regards
Andreas

May 6, 2021 at 6:34 am #8700359

Tim

Hey Andreas,

I will set this up and see if there is any difference, i will keep you updated!

Greetings

May 7, 2021 at 10:06 am #8712741

Andreas W.
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your message.

I can also offer to create a install on our test-server and we could migrate a copy of the site there (Cloudways).

Let me know if this might be convenient for you.

Best regards
Andreas

May 10, 2021 at 12:48 pm #8729119

Tim

Hey Andreas,

this morning the problem happened again sadly, but with a bit of luck i managed to get a backup point with the issue still happening, so i've place it on a testing environment and deactivated every plugin until i found out that it might be getting caused by the wpml seo add-on that was still on version 1.3.0 instead op 2.0.0 After updating that plugin the product appeared as it should.

I will keep monitoring this and respond to you asap if this has indeed fixed it.

The topic ‘[Closed] Products randomly disappear from shoppages’ is closed to new replies.