This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 4 months, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
June 5, 2019 at 12:04 pm

pietroD-4

Hey there,
I'll start by saying that we've haven't updated the website for a while but now we're facing a big problem.
Previously we were able to insert new articles (in the main language english) and then when translating them we had no problems with the correct stock value in both languages.
In the last two days i've uploaded 8 new products in english, then i've translated them in italian with the WPML editor, but in the second language (italian) the stock is 0, therefore it can't be purschased.
We don't really understand why, since the last time we've uploaded a product it was working fine and we haven't touched and updated anything in the mean time (over a year).
Also if i go in the woocommerce multilingual status tab i see this error:

Some settings from the WooCommerce Multilingual wpml-config.xml file have been overwritten.
You should check WPML configuration files added by other plugins or manual settings on the Multilingual Content Setup section.

Custom field _stock configuration from wpml-config.xml file was altered!

So i've looked in the forum for a solution and saw that i had to change the taxonomy translation of _stock to ignore. But first there's not one voice named _stock (beside of _manage_stock and _order_stock_reduced and _stock_status.

In short the problem is that quantity isn't synced between the two languages.

Please don't ask me to update everything, because we will soon but for now we need those new products to work as they should.

PS. the username and password are both for wordpress and the website to login

Thanks

June 6, 2019 at 2:18 am #3964995

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

For some reason the custom field for _stock was blocked from translating. I was able to undo this setting by adding a custom XML configuration for the language config file at WPML -> Settings.

<wpml-config>
    <custom-fields>
        <custom-field action="copy">_stock
      </custom-field>
    </custom-fields>
</wpml-config>

The issue should be solved now. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas