Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 8 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 5, 2019 at 1:33 pm #3274207

tobiasL-11

Ich habe eine Produktkategorie angelegt und diese mit WPML ins Englische übersetzt
(siehe Bild anbei)
Wenn ich die Übersetzung über die String-Translation suche, sehe ich aber, dass die Zuordnung falasch ist (siehe Bild anbei).
Dies führt zu weiteren Problemen im Shop.

March 5, 2019 at 1:36 pm #3274211

tobiasL-11

Bilder

March 6, 2019 at 8:00 pm #3281182

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

Thank you for contacting the WPML support forum.

You have opened this ticket in the English forum but wrote your post in the German language.
If you would like to continue here then, please just reply in English and ask your question again. If you prefer to get support in the German language then, please let me know, and I'll pass this ticket to a German supporter or open a new ticket with this issue in our German forum here https://wpml.org/de/forums/forum/support-in-deutsch/

If I understand correctly then you have an issue with product categories.
Is this correct?
I'm not sure that you are translating the products categories correctly.
It is best to translate the products categories in WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Categories (tab). Please read about in our documentation here.
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/woocommerce-multilingual/#taxonomies

Please let me know if this information is helpful to you.

Regards,
Itamar.

March 7, 2019 at 9:54 am #3283303

tobiasL-11

Hello,
english is fine as well.
I checked the translation in the multiligunal part and there it's tanslated correctly.
So why is it not used correctly?

March 7, 2019 at 11:27 pm #3287690

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

When I check your site now, it looks like the issue is solved. I can see the slug for the products category translated into English. Please see the attached screenshot.
Have you fixed this issue?

If I'm wrong and the issue is not fixed, then please try the following.

1. By looking at the debug information attached to this ticket, I can see that WPML and its add-ons including WooCommerce Multilingual are not updated to their latest versions on your site. And also WordPress is not updated.
Can you please update everything?

**** Important! Please make a full site backup (files and DB) before you proceed with those steps****

2. Also by looking at the debug info that you have attached I can see that your server is running an older version of MySQL and also your server WP Memory Limit is set to 40M.
Our recommendations are to have the following as minimal requirements:
- PHP 5.3 and above (this OK with your installation) with a WP Memory Limit of at least 128MB and more if possible.
- MySQL 5.6 and above.
Please follow this link for detailed documentation:
https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/
Is it possible for you to change those to the minimum requirement?
You may need to contact your hosting provider for that.
Meeting those baseline requirements is most critical before starting to debug and sometimes solves issues like you experiencing.
Most important and what might be related to the issue that you have is to raise the WP Memory Limit.
Please try to raise it before you contact your hosting company.
You can try and do it from the wp-config.php file in your WordPress installation.
Insert this code in that file.

/** Memory Limit */
define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');
define( 'WP_MAX_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M' );

Add it before this line:
/* That's all, stop editing! Happy blogging. */

Could you please perform those procedures and see if they help?

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 11, 2019 at 11:29 am #3310281

tobiasL-11

Hello Itamar,

I did all updates.
Unfortunately you are not right. "Printed products" is the translation of "Drucksachen".
But I am talking about a category called "Druck" in German and "Print" in english. You can also see that in the screenshots and my explanation in the beginning.

Best wishes
Franziska

March 12, 2019 at 9:24 am #3319971

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Franziska and sorry for the late response here.

Thanks for updating everything.

Please try the following.

1. Take a backup of the DataBase of your site.

2. Go to WooCommerce -> WooCommerce Multilingual -> Settings and press the 'Troubleshooting' link (bottom right corner).

3. On the troubleshooting screen, please press the 'Sync products categories (display type, thumbnail):' button and wait for the process to finish.

4. If you are using cache on your site clear the cache and check if the issue is solved.

5. If it isn't solved please go to WPML -> Support -> Troubleshooting (link).

6. On the troubleshooting screen, please press the following buttons.
- Select 'Products' and press the 'Synchronize posts taxonomies' button.
- Set language information
- Translatable taxonomies linking. For 'product_ca' select Product Categories if not selected already.

Please let me know if this solves the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 12, 2019 at 12:34 pm #3322065

tobiasL-11

Hello,
I could do averything you said but the problem still presists.
The German word is assigned to the english language and ist also english ist set as default, which isn't the case.

Best
Franziska

March 12, 2019 at 1:35 pm #3322897

Itamar
Supporter

Hi and thanks for trying my suggestions.

If you need further help with this, please share the access details to your site with me.
I'm enabling private message for the next reply.

Privacy and Security Policy

We have strict policies regarding privacy and access to your information. Please see:
https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

**IMPORTANT**

- - Please make a backup of site files and database before providing us access. --

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 12, 2019 at 8:10 pm #3327945

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

I'm sorry, but the access details do not work for me. I've also asked my teammates to try, and the access details do not work for them either. Could you please check the access details and share with me the correct credentials?

For this, I'm enabling a private message for the next reply.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 13, 2019 at 9:53 am #3331533

tobiasL-11

Please check this password: --removed by supporter--

March 13, 2019 at 9:56 am #3331551

tobiasL-11

Also to let you know where this faulty translation is causing a huge problem:
hidden link
In the settings of the bulk price plugin I can only select the category in one language "Druck"
But as you can see int he inputs of the other fields I need to set it always for both languages. But the translation "Pint" is not available for the selection.

March 14, 2019 at 8:02 am #3341187

tobiasL-11

Hello,
any news in this case? Thisis really urgent. We can't sell our product with the wrong price. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you

March 14, 2019 at 8:33 am #3341451

Itamar
Supporter

Hi,

I'm, but again I cannot log in. It seems that the user name is not correct.
I'm getting: FEHLER: Ungültiger Benutzername.
Please see the attached screenshot.
Please check it. I'm enabling a private message again.

Also, by looking at the screenshot and the link that you have attached, I can see that the problem is related to the WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts plugin by RightPress.
Is this correct?
It is important for me to mention that this plugin is not in our compatibility list here https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/. So we might be looking here at a compatibility issue. I can also see in our documentation reported issues with this plugin. So the best way to continue with this issue would be to try and replicate on a clean WordPress installation. For this, I created a test website with a clean WordPress install. You can access it through this link:
hidden link
Through this link, you will be automatically logged in. (If nobody logs in the test site will be available for one week from today.)
Could you please install the WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts plugin and see if the issue is replicable on a clean WordPress installation?
Please configures WPML as it is configured on your site.
Please also make sure that you are installing the latest version of the plugin. Then if you can replicate it, please explain to me step by step how to replicate the issue.

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 14, 2019 at 8:41 am #3341495

tobiasL-11

Hello,
sorry the user name is "temporaryadmin". Then it shoudl work.
The problem itself is not related to WooCommerce Dynamic Pricing & Discounts plugin.
The problem origin is in the translation of WPML as you can see in the screenshots before (mostly the one showing the string tanslation because there you can see the mistake). It's just that the wrong translation causes more problems with this plugin.