Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Lauren 8 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Lauren.

Author Posts
March 14, 2019 at 8:59 am #3341625

Itamar
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Hebrew (עברית )

Timezone: Asia/Jerusalem (GMT+02:00)

Hi.

I've already answered you today.
Have you seen my last reply from today?
You can see it here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/produkt-kategorie-wird-nicht-korrekt-ubersetzt/#post-3341451

Regards,
Itamar.

March 14, 2019 at 9:32 am #3342163

Itamar
Supporter

Hi.

Thanks the access works now with the new user.

I've resaved the German 'Druck' product category and its translation to English 'print' and I can select them in the screen which you have sent me here.
https://wpml.org/forums/topic/produkt-kategorie-wird-nicht-korrekt-ubersetzt/#post-3341451
Please see the attached screenshot.

Can you see that it is working now?

Regards,
Itamar.

March 14, 2019 at 10:35 am #3343005

tobiasL-11

Hello,
when I try it it doesnt work. I dont understand this.
I typ in "pri" and I can only select "printed products" but no "print"
how come?

Cheers
Franziska

March 15, 2019 at 10:27 am #3352881

tobiasL-11

Hello,
did you find the reason why I can't select "print" yet?

Thank you
Franziska

March 17, 2019 at 5:14 pm #3364089

Itamar
Supporter

Hi, Franziska.

No, I didn't find the reason why you can not add 'print'.
Are you using a different user than the one that you gave me?
If so can you try it with my user?
If it does not work in any case can you please describe to me a step by step what you are doing and how I can replicate this problem?

Thanks,
Itamar.

March 20, 2019 at 8:42 am #3386171

tobiasL-11

Hello,
yes, it's a different user but also admin and all the settings are the same, so this shouldn't be the reason. Bu I can give you my login as well.

What I did:
Go to settings "Advanced Category Options"
Select "All languages" on top of the screen
Go to section "Druckkosten"
Type in "print"
--> No print is found (see last screenshot)

When trying it now, I notices that next to the "Druck" there is a second parameter set called "Drucken" (see screenshot) I have no idea what this is:
- I didn't set it
- it's no translation of anything
- this category doesn't exist, only "Druck" (="Print") exists
- When I search fot it in the string translation it also doesn't exist
So obviously something went really wrong with the translation of this category.

Hope to hear from you soon. This is very critical for us.

Thank you.

March 21, 2019 at 6:18 pm #3416545

Lauren
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/New_York (GMT-05:00)

Hi there, Itamar is off for today so I am stepping in to help out. I checked your string translation table for the 'druck' string and I found that this string is incorrectly registered as English. Please try these steps.

1. Go to WPML -> STring Translation and search for druck (check the box for exact match).
2. You should get the same results as my screenshot. Check the box next to these strings and click "change language of selected strings".
3. Change these strings to German, then you will be able to add the English translation.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue for you.

March 22, 2019 at 9:33 am #3438867

tobiasL-11

Tahnk you Laura for your help. I knew exactly what is the problem, I just didn't know this function to solve it 🙂 So the translation is correct now.
Unfortunately the assignment ot the categories in the settings of the price discount plugin still dooesn't work.
If I set "all languages" and want to put in "Druck" and "Print" there is no "Print" available. There is still only the "Drucken" which seems to work funnily, but isn't the correct translation.

March 22, 2019 at 3:36 pm #3442009

Lauren
Supporter

I think the issue is that the Druck is a sub category of the hidden category. I can see the option to add hidden in the dynamic pricing, but I don't see an option to add sub categories.

Please try either using hidden, or making the category that you need to use a main category instead of a sub category, and let me know if this changes anything.

March 22, 2019 at 3:58 pm #3442111

tobiasL-11

Both doesn't work:
I can't change Druck to a main category and I cant select hidden becuase it would apply to all sub-categories then.
But somethow now I could select "Druck" twice with the exact same spelling and it's working. now

March 22, 2019 at 4:20 pm #3442259

Lauren
Supporter

That may be because I updated a few of the strings in string translation. There were category "print" that had not been marked as complete. I added the translations, so perhaps this is what was needed.

So it sounds like the issue is resolved, since you were able to select the translated category. Please let me know if you need any further assistance and I will be happy to help.