This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 1 month ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
May 29, 2020 at 12:57 pm #6250005

christineY-2

Our website uses a WP Multisite setup. We have 100+ child blogs, and are using the Broadcast plugin to synchronize pages from the parent blog to the child blogs. The site is translated into 5 languages on each child blog using String Translation in the theme files, and is currently working as expected.

The issue is when a change is made to a translation. Currently, this change must be made to each of the 100+ child blogs. The plugin author for Broadcast has written us an add-on which synchronizes all String Translation DB tables across all blogs, however we've recently learned that String Translation does not use DB's, it uses *.MO files, which must be manually created. The author of this plugin has offered to add "*.MO Regeneration" as a routine in his synchronization process, however we need a way to hook into it.

- Is there a programmatic way to regenerate *.MO files?
- Does another action within WPML / WP trigger the regeneration of *.MO files?
- Is there a manual process that can be used to create these *.MO files? Perhaps they're just a DB saved in JSON format, and can be easily exported?

If we have more information about this process, our plugin developer would be happy to complete the work, I just need to know what processes we can tie into. Thanks in advance!

June 1, 2020 at 7:29 am #6263501

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

Can you check this answer?

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/programmatically-rebuild-mo-files/#post-5561373

What client asked is below a hidden reply since it was a chat ticket first, but here is what their question was:

"If you could open a ticket with the second tier on a possible hook or function I could call to programmatically rebuild that would be much appreciated."

So it would appear that they asked quite similar or even the same thing as you did, thereby I believe that I would get the same answer if I ask our developers and second tiers about your case as well.

Regards,
Bruno Kos