This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by gabrielaC-4 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 29, 2018 at 3:01 pm #2858497

gabrielaC-4

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I have a imge grid built with projects articles and I need to show the order of them like it shows in spanish language. When I change to English language, the order change.
When I ordered the lawyers, I did it by changing the creation date, so that the one that was created first, is in last place. But I do not know how to do this for the English language.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No, I can't find nothing.

Is there a similar example that we can see? No.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
If you change this page to English language, the order of lawyers change.

October 30, 2018 at 12:10 pm #2861582

gabrielaC-4

Now the site is https. Please change the URL to hidden link
Thanks.

October 31, 2018 at 8:30 am #2864772

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

Could you please clarify what element you are using to create the grid images? Is it a DIVI page builder element? or is it coming from a plugin or addon?

From my experience with other grid image elements, the specific ordering of the translated images is possible if you separately edit/load the translated post with the translated images. It seems that if you let the system "translate" the images, the resulting images array will reverse the ordering.

I wait for your clarification on the element you are using to create the grid.
Thanks

October 31, 2018 at 11:28 am #2865541

gabrielaC-4

Hi
It's true, the Grid is a Divi module, called Divi Portafolio Module (hidden link). I think is no important to translate the images because the order. This module orders the articles by their creation date. Thus, the first one that is shown in Spanish (lawyer Marcelo Soto) is the first article that was created. In this way I could order the grid images by changing only the creation dates of the project articles.
I do not know how to do it for translation.

October 31, 2018 at 11:36 am #2865563

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

In this case, have you tried setting the following configuration to see if it will synchronise the creation dates between portfolio translations?

WPML -> Settings -> Posts and pages synchronization -> Copy publishing date to translations

I am not sure if this will affect your custom post type but can you try it with a sample portfolio and see if it works?

- Make sure this configuration is set
- Change the publication information of a portfolio
- Update
- Select the translated portfolio
- Update
- Check the publication date info on the translated portfolio to see if the fields synchornise

Thanks for letting me know.

October 31, 2018 at 1:36 pm #2866024

gabrielaC-4

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!