Skip Navigation

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 12 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by dmitrijsH 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bigul.

Author Posts
July 31, 2020 at 7:25 pm #6717511
dmitrijsH

Tell us what you are trying to do? Properly translate the Order Status Manager plugin which is marked as compatible with WPML.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No, the documentation is very weak on the Woocommerce website. I contacted the Skyverge support but they could not give clear instructions.

There are two issues:

1. We managed to translate the statuses (like posts). However, in the list of orders they are shown in default language (not the person's dashboard language). Please find the screenshot attached.

2. We need to understand how we can translate the custom emails (subject, heading, text) created via the plugin.

Could you please help.

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/properly-translating-order-status/

statuses incorrect language.png
August 3, 2020 at 8:05 am #6724117

Bigul
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello,

Welcome to the WPML support forum. I will do my best to help you to resolve the issue.

Please visit Users>>Your Profile and set Profile language as English. Then check is there any difference in the result.

Have you scanned for the *WooCommerce Order Status Manager* plugin strings to translate from WPML>>Theme and plugins localization>>Strings in the plugins. If not, please try it after a site backup and translate the relevant strings from WPML>>Strings Translation. Then check the issue is existing or not. Refer to the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-08-03_13-29-02.png
August 3, 2020 at 8:20 pm #6728561

dmitrijsH

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. However, both issues (display in order list and custom emails) are still there. I have performed the actions you mentioned now and many times before.

Please open the form for credentials, I will send you the link to a test site where everything is visible too.

August 4, 2020 at 6:52 am #6731167

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. Please fill the private details fields after a full site backup. I would like to access the admin area of your site for further checking.

Please check the following links for more details about our private information sharing policies.

https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

hidden link

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 4, 2020 at 6:00 pm #6736005

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the login information. It looks like a compatibility issue. Most probably the strings like Apmaksas procesā, Gaida bankas pārskaitījumu are coming from Order Statuses post type. It requires further checking. Because *WooCommerce Order Status Manager* plugin is included in our compatibility list for the plugins - https://wpml.org/plugin/woocommerce-order-status-manager-2/

Therefore please upgrade to the latest version of WooCommerce and WPML after a full site backup and check is there any difference in the result.

The *Order Status Email* is post type and it is set as *Not translatable* now. Please set it as *Translatable - only show translated items* and translated to secondary languages. Then check you are getting the expected result or not.

Please check the attached images for more details and let me know your feedback.

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-08-04_23-18-27.png
2020-08-04_23-18-03.png
2020-08-04_23-12-29.png
August 5, 2020 at 2:13 pm #6741623

dmitrijsH

Hello Bigul,

1. Unfortunately, updating to the newest Woocommerce has not change anything in terms of status names in the Orders page.

2. When I declare the emails translatable, they just appear in the list of emails in a different language (without even a recipient). Please see the screenshot attached. I believe that this is not an expected outcome. The strings in the email should be translatable using the String Translation functionality (just like it is with other emails).

Email Order Status.png
August 5, 2020 at 4:59 pm #6743029

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the updates. I was able to find those strings for translation from WPML>>String Translation>>Translate texts in the admin screens page. But unable to add it from *Translate texts in admin screens* page. It may be because of too many admin options. So I have added language configuration for it WPML>>Settings>>Custom XML configuration. But the issue exists. Only body text is adding for translation. Please check the attached images and the following documentation for more details.

https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/theme-localization/translating-options-coming-from-themes-and-plugins/

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/#admin-texts

https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/overriding-language-configuration-files/

So please tries the following troubleshooting steps after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing in both cases.

1) Go to WPML>>Support page, click on Troubleshooting link (blue link in the middle of the page)

2) In the Troubleshooting page, please click on the following options of the *Clean up* section. Wait for confirmation of processing after each one.

- Clear the cache in WPML
- Remove ghost entries from the translation tables
- Fix element_type collation
- Set language information
- Fix WPML tables collation
- Assign translation status to duplicated content
- Cleanup and optimize string tables
- Show custom MO Files Pre-generation dialog box>>Generate .Mo files

3) Clear all types of caches

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-08-05_22-25-29.png
2020-08-05_22-20-04.png
2020-08-05_22-09-59.png
2020-08-05_22-09-32.png
August 6, 2020 at 9:53 pm #6752321

dmitrijsH

Hello Bigul,

After I performed these actions, something became visible in the string translations page but quite strangely. The body is OK but subject and heading not. Please let me also know in which language to create the custom emails: in site default language (Latvia) or in Woocommerce language (which is English for default emails).

And if you recommend to repeat these cleaning steps on a production website, are there any risks to know? Because even if I make a back-up, the content is added everyday and in the future it would be hard to come back.

Issue with order statuses in the Orders page has not been solved yet too.

Sincerely,

string translation.png
August 7, 2020 at 8:40 am #6754973

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for the details. Somehow the Order status mail's string domain is only listing one string for me. We can change the language of the string domain or a particular string. But in this case not able to change the string language. Please check the attached images for more details.

It requires further checking. So please allows me to make a duplicator copy of your site using the Duplicator plugin(https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/) for debugging the issue on my local server.

Please note, I have opened a new ticket for the *Order status* issue. Because as per our support policies, we can only handle one issue per ticket. It will help us to serve you better and we can avoid discussing multiple problems in one ticket. Also, it will help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum. I will get back to you as soon as possible on the latest tickets. Please wait. Thank you for your understanding

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-08-07_14-08-04.png
2020-08-07_13-56-10.png
2020-08-07_13-53-20.png
August 7, 2020 at 9:22 am #6755325

dmitrijsH

Hello Bigul,

Please take the necessary actions. Duplicator should have been installed on the test website.

Sincerely,

August 7, 2020 at 3:41 pm #6757907

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you for your permission. I made a copy of the site now, will debug it further, and get back to you as soon as possible. Please wait

--
Thanks!

Bigul

August 11, 2020 at 7:35 am #6774993

Bigul
Supporter

Hello,

The Email strings issue is existing on my local copy after the initial troubleshooting steps. But it works as expected when I upgrade to WPML 4.4.0 Beta version(the upcoming version of WPML and it has a lot of improvements for String Translation). The body text strings were registered in English and I was able to change the language of the strings to Latvian on my local copy. Please check the attached images for more details.

Therefore if possible please upgrade to WPML 4.4.0 Beta version on your staging site after a full site backup and make sure the issue is existing or not. Refer to the following documentation for more details. WPML 4.4.0 version is currently in the final QA stage and we are expected to release in a few days.

https://wpml.org/announcements/2020/08/wpml-4-4-beta-big-usability-improvements-for-string-translation/

--
Thanks!

Bigul

2020-08-11_12-42-09.png
2020-08-11_12-41-38.png
2020-08-11_12-40-43.png
2020-08-11_12-40-18.png
2020-08-11_12-39-45.png
August 22, 2020 at 10:22 am #6850433
dmitrijsH

Dear Bigul,

Thank you for your reply and tests. I updated to 4.4.0 and was able to find the strings (and translate them). I decided to keep the original email string in English for consistency with the original Woocommerce emails.

However, when I try to send an email for the order created in LV, I get subject and heading translated but not the email body.

Could you please have a look and reopen the ticket. Unfortunately, it took some time to check for me.

In addition, if I want to perform the same steps on the production website, is it safe to update to beta 4.4.0 there? Should I do the clean up steps on the productions site (I would prefer to do them in order to speed up the database).

Thank you,

New threads created by Bigul and linked to this one are listed below:

https://wpml.org/forums/topic/subject-and-heading-translated-but-not-the-email-body/

String translation in emails.PNG