This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.54 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by pierrickR 2 months, 2 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Marcos Vinicios Barreto.

Author Posts
July 30, 2019 at 12:17 am

pierrickR

I am trying to:
Translate all pages of my site, copying the same headers in translations than the original version but translating some text. The texts can be translated just OK, but I have a huge issue with the Properties Slider header found on the HomePage as an example..

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
English version (slider ok) hidden link
Spanish version (slider not displaying images) hidden link

I expected to see:
Exactly the same images on the English slider than in the Spanish one.

Instead, I got:
No images in the spanish version.

I think all the configuration is ok, I've searched for quite a long time for a similar support ticket on here and I can't find one I can use to solve this issue. The theme does not provide options to edit the "Properties Slider" used in the headers. How is possible that all text is translated OK with the string translations but the images are not coming up?

Appreciate the help guys and girls.

July 30, 2019 at 6:00 pm #4310015

Marcos Vinicios Barreto
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Bahia (GMT-03:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I took a detailed look in your website and noticed the issue happens due your custom fields translation preferences. Please, try the following:

1 - In your WordPress Dashboard > Properties click to edit the property post in your default language and make sure the 'fave_prop_homeslider' custom field is set as 'copy' and update your post (the update action will make sure the image is copied to your secondary languages). See attached screenshot (screen_customer_107).

2 - Now change to your secondary language using the top admin bar language switcher in order to edit your translated property post using the default WordPress page/post editor and make sure you see the image copied in your 'Property > Slider' settings from your property post editing screen. See attached screenshot (screen_customer_108).

I performed the steps above for the 'Los Almendros Gated' property post, you can see the results at: hidden link

Note: You can also set the custom fields translation preferences globally from your WordPress Dashboard > WPML > Settings. See: https://wpml.org/documentation/getting-started-guide/translating-custom-fields/

Please, let me know if it helps. Have a nice day.

July 31, 2019 at 10:50 am #4313751

pierrickR

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!