This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Radu 10 minutes ago.

Assigned support staff: Radu.

Author Posts
August 23, 2019 at 12:09 pm

peterA-35

I am trying to: Translate properties in WP Residence

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: all property details as seen in the English version

Instead, I got: Only the featured image and other media

I contacted WP Residence and they suggested that using the duplicate option may be the way to go. On every property post I only have the translate option, not duplicate. However on evry page on my site I do have both options. I have looked at every setting I can find and do not understand how to fix this. Duplicate would be a fast and easy option for me rather than translating many custom fields as I really only need to translate the title and description for each property.

August 23, 2019 at 2:14 pm #4448077

Radu
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Bucharest (GMT+03:00)

Hey Peter,

Thank you for reaching out the WPML support!

If you want to duplicate a property, you can easily do that by following the steps presented in this article https://wpml.org/documentation/translating-your-contents/displaying-untranslated-content-on-pages-in-secondary-languages/using-content-duplication/. Can you can give this a try and tell me how it goes, please?

Thanks,
Radu

August 26, 2019 at 8:56 am #4456921

peterA-35

Thank you for your prompt response. I have followed the guidance you gave me and changed the properties post type to translate-able - only show translated items with the aim of duplicating the entire post and translating the description and title only but showing all of the remaining property details. I deleted all of my other translated properties and focussed on the first property post. It produced a duplicate post with a tr appended to the end of the url but is only showing the media and the title, ie exactly the same problem I had before.

I seem to have been having endless problems with the translation of this site for weeks now and it is driving me nuts. Please can you give me some very specific instructions to get the result I am after which is 'for each English property post I want a duplicate of every detail from the original post ie media, title, description, all of the custom fields that apply.

There also seems to be a problem with the data on numbers of properties. I have now got 15 English properties and 1 Turkish. If you check the screens showing detail this seems to be correct. However if you look at the data it says 17 all and published (1 ghost) and 15 English and 6 Turkish. I attach a screen shot of this.

Thanking you in anticipation of a happy conclusion.
Peter

August 27, 2019 at 10:39 am #4465265

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

As I understand from your message (for each English property post I want a duplicate of every detail from the original post ie media, title, description, all of the custom fields), you'd like to be able to be able to display the English properties on all the languages, am I right? In this case, you can go to Dashboard → WPML → Settings → Post Types Translation and select the Translatable - use translation if available or fallback to default language option for the Properties. This way, the properties from English will be visible on Turkish too.

Is there any other reason why would you like to duplicate the properties instead of using the option I presented? I want to understand exactly what you'd like to do so I can look for the best solution.

Thanks,
Radu

August 28, 2019 at 4:19 pm #4475867

peterA-35

Radu,

I have tried every possible option to produce what I am after which I repeat is as follows:

Copy all of the information, custom fields, description, title and everything else to the Turkish version of the English property. If possible after this I would like to translate the Description and the Title only.

All I can achieve using every possible set of options described in the documentation that you highlighted is a Turkish version showing the media, featured image, and the title and nothing else.

Would you please attempt to do this on the live site for one of the properties, everything is backed up so no worries about your experimentation. If you succeed please tell me step by step what you did to achieve it.

I politely repeat this problem is driving me nuts and I am on the point of ending this endless circle of making no progress. If not resolved soon I may abandon WPML and WP Residence and go about rebuilding this site another way.

Thanks and Kind Regards
Peter

August 30, 2019 at 10:15 am #4486319

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

I was able to create a translation the way it's presented on the documentation of the WP Residence plugin right here: hidden link. This way, I was able to create a copy of the Luxury Modern Detached Villa in Dalaman property right here hidden link.

As you can see, the values of all the fields are copied but the details inside the page are not displayed. I'm sure that we'll be able to sort this out but I'll need to have a closer look at this. Can you create a duplicator package as explained here https://wpml.org/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/, upload it to Google Drive or Dropbox, and send me here the link, please?

This way, I'll create a copy of your website on my computer to investigate this a bit closer. I'm sure that we'll be able to find what's going on and get things back to normal. I'll continue looking into this as soon as you send me the link to the duplicator package.

Thanks,
Radu

August 31, 2019 at 9:55 am #4490569

peterA-35

Hi Radu,

Ha ha its good you managed to do the same thing.

Not sure about Step 1 Create an administrator account for the supporter?

Anyway I have used duplicator and put the zip file onto dropbox, here is the link.

hidden link

Good luck, I eagerly await the results.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Peter

September 4, 2019 at 9:07 am #4509553

peterA-35

Radu,

Have you managed to make any progress with the problem?

Thanks,
Peter

September 5, 2019 at 6:40 am #4515657

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

I finally managed to create a copy of your website on my computer. The archive that you send to me didn't work so I downloaded the archive again from your website yesterday and I was able to create the website copy. Now I'm looking at this and give you another message back once I find what's causing this.

Thanks,
Radu

September 5, 2019 at 11:50 am #4518903

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

I run some more tests today (in both your website copy and on a clean install with just wpResidence and WPML). I wasn't able to see this issue on the clean install so I started digging into the website copy.

I managed to make the translated property work fine once I followed these steps:

• deactivate all the SG Optimizer plugin modules;
  • clear the cache from the SG Optimizer plugin;
  • deactivate the SG Optimizer plugin;
  • go to WpResidence Options → Advanced → Site Speed;
  • set to yes the Disable Theme Cache option;
  • set to no the Minify css and js files option;
  • edit a property with no translation;
  • set to Off the Use WPML's Translation Editor option;
  • check the duplicate box;
  • duplicate the property.

Can you check the translation of the property now and tell me if all the elements are showing well once you follow these steps, please?

Thanks,
Radu

September 12, 2019 at 5:14 pm #4563619

peterA-35

Radu, I have only just seen your reply, I received no email notifier from WPML. I will follow these steps first thing in the morning. Thanks for your help.

September 13, 2019 at 8:00 am #4566289

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

Don't worry about this. Take your time to check this out and let me know how it goes once you tried the steps I presented to you.

Thanks,
Radu

September 13, 2019 at 1:51 pm #4569131

peterA-35

Radu, I have finally managed to create a duplicate property in Turkish which looks fine when I view it from the WP dashboard. However when I try to look at Home (Ana Safaya) Properties (Gayrimenkal) and Sales (Emlak Satisi) the newly created Turkish property does not appear. So I am afraid I am still stuck.

Thank you for you help
Peter

September 16, 2019 at 1:23 pm #4580735

Radu
Supporter

Hey Peter,

I'm glad to hear that you managed to translate one of the properties. Well done!

Could you send me a link to the property that you managed to translate, please? This way I can make sure that I'm looking for the right property on homepage or properties page.

Thanks,
Radu

September 16, 2019 at 5:03 pm #4582797

peterA-35

hidden link

It is the only property showing as a Turkish translation if you look all properties.