This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Jamal 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Jamal.

Author Posts
June 20, 2019 at 8:04 am #4057523

joachimB-4

Hi,
since update to the latest version 4.2.7.1 (multilingual CMS) and 2.10.5.1 (string translation) I get many error messages in the Apache error log, example:

[Thu Jun 20 07:55:41.559370 2019] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 30534] [client 127.0.0.1:49849] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Not unique table/alias: 'icl_t' f\xc3\xbcr Abfrage SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM blog_terms AS t INNER JOIN blog_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t\n ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id\n AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t\n ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id\n AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND t.term_id IN ( 404,408 ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) )\n OR icl_t.element_type NOT IN ('tax_category') OR icl_t.element_type IS NULL ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) )\n

How to resolve this?

cheers

June 20, 2019 at 12:21 pm #4059919

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting WPML Support. I will be glad to help with this.

Please make a database backup then run all the cleanup actions in WPML->Support->Troubleshooting.

Also, run the "Recreate ST DB cache" and check again if the errors are still written to the apache log.

Best regards,
Jamal
WPML Support

June 20, 2019 at 1:30 pm #4060187

joachimB-4

Hi,

thanks, I cleaned up and will check the Apache log in some hours and will come back.
Best ragards

June 20, 2019 at 1:48 pm #4060449

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you, I'll set this ticket as needing feedback. Just reply here and I'll get a notification.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 20, 2019 at 3:25 pm #4060965

joachimB-4

Hi,

still many errors in the Apache log. I executed the SQL directly in the database:

SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM blog_terms AS t INNER JOIN blog_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND t.term_id IN ( 404,408 ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) ) OR icl_t.element_type NOT IN ('tax_category') OR icl_t.element_type IS NULL ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) )

result: error message

Fehler in der SQL-Abfrage (1066): Not unique table/alias: 'icl_t'

I guess you should contact the developers because of wrong sql

regards

June 20, 2019 at 3:38 pm #4061115

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Sure, I can do that, but first, I will need to reproduce this on our platform. Please migrate your website to our server, the migration instructions are in my previous private reply(JUNE 20, 2019 AT 3:38 PM).

Thank you,
Jamal

June 20, 2019 at 5:31 pm #4062025

joachimB-4

Hi,
migration is done.
regards

June 21, 2019 at 10:39 am #4066323

Jamal
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. I checked server logs and I could not find any errors yet. Maybe we should visit specific pages to trigger the error.
I created a new user and bypassed the authentication to admin to check the WPML pages. I activated PHP debugging and visited a couple of pages in both languages without being able to regenerate the issue.

I am approaching our 2nd Tier supporters for help on this.

In the meanwhile, if you can find what page or admin page that exactly triggers this issue, it will help up get to a fix quickly.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 21, 2019 at 12:33 pm #4067195

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Please activate PHP debugging in your website, we hope it will catch a call stack(what parts of the system is generating the issue) to track down the real cause of the issue.
1. Please follow the debugging information provided here: http://wpml.org/documentation/support/debugging-wpml/
2. Give it some time to see if it will catch the error.
3. Check then if the error is written to the debug.log file and share it here or using DropBox or GoogleDrive.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 21, 2019 at 3:52 pm #4068211

joachimB-4

Hi Jamal,
debugging is activated.
Regards

June 21, 2019 at 4:20 pm #4068313

Jamal
Supporter

Thank you,

Please, once the error is generated on the Apache log, let me know to check the debug.log file and see if any stack trace was logged.

Have a nice weekend,
Jamal

June 21, 2019 at 4:26 pm #4068341

joachimB-4

Hi,
in the debug are these messages:
[21-Jun-2019 16:17:21 UTC] WordPress-Datenbank-Fehler Not unique table/alias: 'icl_t' für Abfrage SELECT t.*, tt.* FROM blog_terms AS t INNER JOIN blog_term_taxonomy AS tt ON t.term_id = tt.term_id LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t
ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id
AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') LEFT JOIN blog_icl_translations icl_t
ON icl_t.element_id = tt.term_taxonomy_id
AND icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') WHERE tt.taxonomy IN ('category') AND t.term_id IN ( 408 ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) )
OR icl_t.element_type NOT IN ('tax_category') OR icl_t.element_type IS NULL ) AND ( ( icl_t.element_type IN ('tax_category') AND ( icl_t.language_code = 'de' OR 0 ) )
OR icl_t.element_type NOT IN ('tax_category') OR icl_t.element_type IS NULL )

Link to log: hidden link

best regards

June 21, 2019 at 4:50 pm #4068599

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

Thank you, these parts of the log will help us understand this issue better. I am approaching our 2nd Tier supporter with this information and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

made by require('wp-blog-header.php'), require_once('wp-includes/template-loader.php'), do_action('template_redirect'), WP_Hook->do_action, WP_Hook->apply_filters, AMPforWP\AMPVendor\amp_render, AMPforWP\AMPVendor\AMP_Post_Template->load, AMPforWP\AMPVendor\AMP_Post_Template->load_parts, AMPforWP\AMPVendor\AMP_Post_Template->verify_and_include, include('/plugins/accelerated-mobile-pages/templates/design-manager/design-3/single.php'), AMPforWP\AMPVendor\AMP_Post_Template->load_parts, AMPforWP\AMPVendor\AMP_Post_Template->verify_and_include, include('/plugins/accelerated-mobile-pages/templates/design-manager/design-3/elements/related-posts.php'), WP_Query->__construct, WP_Query->query, WP_Query->get_posts, WP_Tax_Query->get_sql, WP_Tax_Query->get_sql_clauses, WP_Tax_Query->get_sql_for_query, WP_Tax_Query->get_sql_for_clause, WP_Tax_Query->clean_query, WP_Tax_Query->transform_query, WP_Term_Query->query, WP_Term_Query->get_terms

Thank you,
Jamal

June 24, 2019 at 3:55 pm #4078461

Jamal
Supporter

Hello,

It seems that this error is generated when visiting the term archive page 595 which is the English category (hidden link) but this is also generated by the AMPforWP.
I tried to access both
- hidden link
- hidden link
To regenerate this issue without success. Can you tell what is the AMP URL for that page to see if the issue will be generated on the migrated site?

Would you also want to reproduce this issue in a clean install? If yes, please use the following URL to login, configure WPML similarly to your website, install the AMPforWP plugin and create a couple of posts with categories to see if the issue will be reproduced there
hidden link

sFTP and SSH credentials are in the Sandbox menu.

Best regards,
Jamal

June 24, 2019 at 4:04 pm #4078481

joachimB-4

Hi,
the requested AMP URL:
hidden link

I think I have no time for a clean install!

best regards
Joachim