This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Vincenzo 12 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Vincenzo.

Author Posts
June 25, 2018 at 1:57 pm #2432899

eleonoreL

Hello,

I configured Publicize with my social networks. It works very well. However, my website is in French and English, and this is a problem with Publicize. Here is what happens:
- I write my post in French
- I publish it and it automatically goes on my social networks
- I translate the post into English
- It is published and it is automatically put on my social networks in French too. So, my posts are published twice in French on social networks.

Can we make a configuration where English posts are published in English on social networks ?

Thanks a lot,

June 27, 2018 at 7:26 am #2436988

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

1. Technical Information on you environment
Could you please provide information about your environment by following thsese steps: http://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/

2. Plugin Compatibility
Unfortunately, I cannot find this plugin included in the list of tested/certified compatible solutions with WPML:
https://wpml.org/documentation/plugins-compatibility/

This does not mean that the two plugins will not work well together but it could imply some compatibility issues that we might need the author´s collaboration to solve.

3. Clarification
3.1 Are you able to active/deactivate/configure the automatic transfer of the post to social networks when you publish a post? or is the action of pushing the post to social networks automatically done no matter what?

3.2 Are the social networks to post to configurable? it may be that you need to translate the correct configuration settings for the EN language.

3.2 If you use either of the following workflows, does the double posting in FR networks still happen?
- Create FR post - save in "Draft" mode
- Translate to EN - save in "Draft" mode
- Publish EN post
- Publish FR post (if it is not automatically published already)

-- OR--
- Create FR post - save in "Draft" mode
- Translate to EN - save in "Draft" mode
- Publish FR post

I wait for your answers.

June 27, 2018 at 7:34 am #2436996

José Arcos

Hello, thank you for contacting us. I will try to do my best to help you.

To ensure the quickest and most accurate support, please provide your debug information so that I can get a look at some of your configurations.
We have an excellent article on how to located here: https://wpml.org/faq/provide-debug-information-faster-support/.

NOTE: Please be sure to check the box to indicate you can provide debug info and paste your debug info in the debug field provided, and NOT in the general response field.

Regarding the issue with JetPack, I'm afraid this problem is a known compatibility issue between WPML and Jetpack. Our compatibility team is already in contact with the author of the plugin to establish a solution or workaround:
https://wpml.org/plugin/jetpack-3/

I have added your ticket to the list of clients who are waiting for news/updates.

Thanks for your understanding and patience as our teams work on this.

August 7, 2018 at 9:43 am #2619494

Vincenzo
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Italian (Italiano )

Timezone: Europe/Rome (GMT+02:00)

Hello, my name is Vincenzo.
Since José currently is not available, I will replace him here in the forum.
I hope this is OK with you.

I asked for updates on this issue to our Compatibility Team.
I will inform you as soon as I get an answer.

Thank you for your patience

September 26, 2018 at 11:12 am #2766929

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

a quick update just to tell you that this issue has been fixed and the fix will be available with the next version of our plugins.

I will inform you when the next version will be published.

Thank you for your patience.

October 22, 2018 at 3:27 pm #2838649

Vincenzo
Supporter

Hello,

we just published the new versions of our plugins.

❌ Before proceeding please make a full website backup! ❌

Can you please update all our plugins and let me know if the issue is solved?

Thank you