This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Adriano 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
October 3, 2018 at 3:49 pm #2785142

Adriano

My wordpress/wocommerce site (www.topsolutionscloud.com) base language is English (EN) and I have a few translations : BR, PT and ES.

I have an woocommerce product in English and it's translated to BR, PT and ES, but for this particular product it doesn't make sense to offer it in the Base language, English, so I need to disable/un-publish only the English version.

How can I only un-publish the base product in EN but leave the translations active?

Regards, Adriano

October 5, 2018 at 9:37 am #2790189

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

The quick response is to make the one of the other products the "base product".

The default language of the site does not mean that all post types will use the same language for the base /original language of the post type.

So, if you were to delete the "original" or "base" product, it should make one of the other products the "original" product. I would suggest you try this on a test product first just to make sure of the precise steps to do.

But, the quick answer to your question is that you can do this with no problems. (e.g. have products existing in other languages EXCEPT the default language).

If you need assistance with this, please write back with system access details and product information. I am opening the private area for this.

October 5, 2018 at 12:31 pm #2790700

Adriano

Hello Yvette,

Thanks for your reply.
I will try to change the base product, and delete the current EN base product ... although for now I don't know yet how to do it ...

But my question was more about un-publish (not delete) only the "base" product or even one of the translations ... I would like to be able to select what languages are published or not.
It seems that the publish options of the "base" product command also if the translations are active or not, you can't decide individually and separately on the publish settings of the "base" product or the translations. Is it like this?

Regards, Adriano

October 5, 2018 at 8:08 pm #2791614

Yvette
Supporter

Oh, I´m sorry I misunderstood your issue.

You can set the publishing date/data to be independent between translations via a configuration setting in :
Woocommerce -> Woocommerce Multilingual -> Settings -> Products Synchronization -> Sync publishing date for translated products.

Leaving this option unchecked should achieve what you want.

Does this answer your question now?

October 8, 2018 at 2:04 pm #2796324

Adriano

Thanks Yvette, that worked exactly as I needed. 🙂

From the option description, it seemed to me it was only the date that it was synced, so I suggest that maybe you change the option to something more clear like :
"Sync publishing data (date, status, ...) for translated products".

Thank you!

October 8, 2018 at 7:05 pm #2797117

Yvette
Supporter

I have passed on this suggestion to our documentation team.

Thanks for that!

October 8, 2018 at 7:40 pm #2797189

Adriano

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!