This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 21 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by asteroN 1 year ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
September 5, 2018 at 4:30 pm #2708172

asteroN

Tell us what you are trying to do?

using q translate importer

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/
Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

September 6, 2018 at 1:06 am #2708985

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us.

I would be very happy to help you but I didn't fully understand what is the issue.

After following the steps in our documentation is the content not imported? Or is the importer broke? If this is crashed, please could you increase the memory limit to at least 256M and try again? The WPML requires at least 128MB: https://wpml.org/home/minimum-requirements/.

If this is not what you are asking, can you please elaborate a little more so I can better understand? Sometimes screenshots illustrating what you mean may go a long way to clarify what words fail to transmit so if you like make use of "upload an image" below the comment area.

Thank you.

September 6, 2018 at 8:23 am #2709969

asteroN

Hello,

thank you for your answer.

I'm trying to use the importer but it imports content up to one point and then stop working. It doesnt show any message it just stops importing posts, and the screen stays the same as the screenshot i attached on my first post.

I thought about the memory limit so i restored from a backup, increased it to 512M and tried again but the same thing happens again :/

September 6, 2018 at 1:00 pm #2710772

Bruno
Supporter

Hi,

Thank you. Could you please restore the backup again?

I'll need to request temporary access (wp-admin and FTP) to your site - preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible - in order to be of better help.

You will find the needed fields for this below the comment area when you log in to leave your next reply. The information you will enter is private which means only you and I can see and have access to it.

Note:

*** Please, can I install the Duplicator or All in One Migration plugin to make a copy of your site and install it on my test environment? This will help me debug the problem.

*** Note: Please make a full backup of your site.

Privacy and Security when Providing Debug Information for Support: https://wpml.org/purchase/support-policy/privacy-and-security-when-providing-debug-information-for-support/

Thank you.

September 6, 2018 at 10:48 pm #2712412

Bruno
Supporter

Thank you. Some of the problems that are happening are because it appears that WPML was installed before doing the import. Did you install WPML and then create some translation before importing content?

To solve the problem in my testing environment, I just reset WPML and started the importation process again. To do this, I followed the steps below:

- Click on the WPML > Support > Troubleshooting
- Scroll down and look at the "Reset"
- Check the "I am about to reset all translation and language data." option
- Click on the "Reset and deactivate WPML" button

After that, I started the conversion process again, following the steps in our documentation: https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/

Also note that since you are using WooCommerce, you need to install the WPML add-ons (String Translation, Translation Management, Media translation, and WooCommerce Multilingual).

Please, could you try?

Thank you.

September 7, 2018 at 6:11 am #2713235

asteroN

Hello,

thank you.
Do you mean i need to activate those plugins in order for the importer to work?

I tried resetting WPML and running the importer but it still got stuck.

Then i tried resetting and then installing and activating the plugins you suggested, but then it got stuck in a different way. It got stuck in the beginning after the first batch and the working... label didnt disappear as shown in the picture.

What am i doing wrong? :/

September 7, 2018 at 6:28 am #2713255

asteroN

The problem seems to be a specific point in the process as besides the one time it got stuck at the beginning, all the other times it stops when reaching batch #249

I dont know if that helps

September 7, 2018 at 3:24 pm #2715235

Noman
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Astero,

Thank you for providing more details. Bruno is having a public holiday today and I am looking after this ticket. As he is already aware of your site and debugging this issue I will keep this ticket open for him and he will reply asap.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

September 11, 2018 at 10:22 am #2723302

asteroN

Hello,

i am sending this as a reminder that i still need help! Thank you

September 13, 2018 at 5:13 am #2730137

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. I'm still testing your site to check what may be happening, as apparently, no error message is happening. I'll contact you soon.

Thank you.

September 16, 2018 at 2:58 am #2738325

Bruno
Supporter

Please, my sincere apologies for the delay in answering. From what I've noticed, maybe the content has been fully imported, although it freezes in this part.

The content to add to the .htaccess file is not generated, however. I'll forward your ticket to the 2nd tier support so they can check it out. Soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

September 16, 2018 at 11:34 am #2738813

asteroN

Okay thank you i just hope they can help me out!

September 18, 2018 at 4:11 am #2743417

Bruno
Supporter

Sorry for the delay. Our 2nd tier support team will check this issue and soon we will contact you.

Thank you.

September 25, 2018 at 8:45 am #2763027

asteroN

Hello, just checking that you are still working on my problem

Thank you

September 25, 2018 at 12:46 pm #2763813

Bruno
Supporter

Hello,

Yes. The problem you reported is being checked by 2nd tier support.

Unfortunately, at the moment I still have no workaround. I can only see that 2nd tier support is debugging the reported problem.

Thank you.