This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Yvette 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Yvette.

Author Posts
May 4, 2018 at 1:43 pm #1976154

rafaelP-8

I need to write a document with instructions to a customer about how to translate strings in their website.

The website uses Qode Slider that comes with Bridge theme. We are *not* going to change to Revslider (before WPMP's support suggests it).

When I open the entry for a slide in the Translation Queue, the slide subtitle is not displayed in the list of fields available, see translating-slide-into-en.jpg.

Before enable WPML String Translation and WPML Translation Management, I did a manual translation of all the content. But the former plugins will be very useful for my customer to manage their website.

So I'd like to know how to make all content fields of Qode Slider available when the corresponding item is opened from the Translation Queue.

The website is divisi.aspinnews.com.br

May 7, 2018 at 11:11 am #2009471

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Hello

I see that the theme is marked as compatible. I think this would be easiest if you provide access to your site and point me to a simple sample page which has the slider included.

I can then make this work and instruct you on what I did.

1. Temporary Access to your system
Could you please provide access to your system (wp-admin and ftp) so that I can further investigate this particular problem? The fields to provide this data are included in a private section that I will open for your next response. You can find it above the comments area. The information in this private section is only visible between WPML Support and you.

2. Sample Page
Include link to simple sample page that includes a slider and requires translation with the Translation editor.

Thanks

May 7, 2018 at 10:20 pm #2021348

Yvette
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/Madrid (GMT+02:00)

Thanks for the access.

To translate the subtitles, you should do the following:

1. Goto Quode Slider -> Slides
2. Make changes to the original slide (if needed)
3. Update the slide
4. Then update the translations
5. The subtititle will appear in the Translation Editor (see image)

It may have not appeared before because many of the translations were in state of "in progress". As a general rule, the icon that should appear in the slider listing should be a "pencil" icon. This indicates that all translations are up-to-date.

When a change is made to the original translation that will need to be updated to the translated sliders, then the icon will change to a circular arrow.

If there is a translation job that is has not been "saved and completed" but has been started, the icon will turn into a circle of lines ("in progress").

It is a mistake to edit the original slider when there is a job open/in progress. This can cause some of the strings to not appear in the translation editor. I believe this was what happened in your case. I had to complete all existing jobs in progress to have the subtitle field appear as you see in the image.

I hope this is clear.

The topic ‘[Closed] Qode slide subtitle’ is closed to new replies.