This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 1 month, 1 week ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4504981

maximilianoV-3

I am trying to: migrate from Qtranslate to WPML with the latest version of the Import Plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: staging.hitn.org

I deactivated the Qtranslate plugin, then activated the imported and WPML.

Started the Importer but it stalls in WORKING and then I get a Recovery Email from wordres that my site is in RECOVERY MODE. with the following error in my WPML PLUGIN without being able to resume or reactivate

WPML Multilingual CMS
Deactivate | Resume
WPML Multilingual CMS | Documentation | WPML 3.9.0 release notes

Version 4.2.7.1 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode.

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 32 of the file /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:2596 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item in /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set('2596', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('2596', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Nav_Menu->init('') #4 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #5 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/plugin.php(46

September 3, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4506153

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

This is not a very commun error but it seems to be related to a database issue after migrating post types from one site to another. Most likely it is realted to a translated element.

You can try the "Clean up" troubleshooting options in WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting and see if they fix the issue (please do a backup before).

If this will not solve the issue, you'll need to operate on your database:
- do a backup
- with PHPMyAdmin or another database manager open the table wp_icl_translations
- search for element_id:2596
- verify what it is
- delete it

This should fix the issue.
Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas