Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.5 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

Hi, Amit here, I am the WPML Support Manager, our current ticket queue is high, update your WPML plugins and make sure you meet the minimal requirements for running WPML before reporting an issue please - many tickets are resolved doing that

Please look at our updated list of Known Issues and you can also use our support search to find helpful information and of course review our documentation before opening a ticket.

If you do need to open a ticket please make sure to provide us with all the needed information as described in this page

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Andreas W. 3 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Andreas W..

Author Posts
September 3, 2019 at 1:46 pm #4504981

maximilianoV-3

I am trying to: migrate from Qtranslate to WPML with the latest version of the Import Plugin

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: staging.hitn.org

I deactivated the Qtranslate plugin, then activated the imported and WPML.

Started the Importer but it stalls in WORKING and then I get a Recovery Email from wordres that my site is in RECOVERY MODE. with the following error in my WPML PLUGIN without being able to resume or reactivate

WPML Multilingual CMS
Deactivate | Resume
WPML Multilingual CMS | Documentation | WPML 3.9.0 release notes

Version 4.2.7.1 | By OnTheGoSystems | Visit plugin site
This plugin failed to load properly and is paused during recovery mode.

An error of type E_ERROR was caused in line 32 of the file /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php. Error message: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: element_id and type do not match for element_id:2596 the database contains post_attachment while this function was called with post_nav_menu_item in /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/classes/core-abstract-classes/class-wpml-set-language.php:32 Stack trace: #0 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/sitepress.class.php(1489): WPML_Set_Language->set('2596', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en', NULL, true) #1 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(211): SitePress->set_element_language_details('2596', 'post_nav_menu_i...', NULL, 'en') #2 /dom31542/wp-content/plugins/sitepress-multilingual-cms/inc/wp-nav-menus/class-wpml-nav-menu.php(78): WPML_Nav_Menu->_set_menus_language() #3 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(286): WPML_Nav_Menu->init('') #4 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php(310): WP_Hook->apply_filters(NULL, Array) #5 /wordpress-5.2.2/wp-includes/plugin.php(46

September 3, 2019 at 4:05 pm #4506153

Andreas W.
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español ) German (Deutsch )

Timezone: America/Lima (GMT-05:00)

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the WPML Support Forum.

This is not a very commun error but it seems to be related to a database issue after migrating post types from one site to another. Most likely it is realted to a translated element.

You can try the "Clean up" troubleshooting options in WPML -> Support -> troubleshooting and see if they fix the issue (please do a backup before).

If this will not solve the issue, you'll need to operate on your database:
- do a backup
- with PHPMyAdmin or another database manager open the table wp_icl_translations
- search for element_id:2596
- verify what it is
- delete it

This should fix the issue.
Let me know if this helps you or if you need further assistance.

Kind regards
Andreas