This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Bruno Kos 3 weeks, 1 day ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno Kos.

Author Posts
September 28, 2019 at 12:55 pm #4658325

komla

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I just buy the wpml cms. I have already a website with translation using qtranslate-x. So i use your qtranslate-x importer to convert my website to wpml.

Everything works fine with the importer but at the end the translated posts have some missing Custom Fields like video url, review results, ...

Since i have more than 2 000 posts, it is not possible to copy manually the Custom Fields of each post to the translated one.

I go to the parameter of wpml and i also activate an option to copy the Custom Fields to the translated post.

But please, how i can apply automatically the copy of the Custom Fields to all my posts.

Thanks

September 30, 2019 at 7:34 am #4662645

Bruno Kos
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Europe/Zagreb (GMT+02:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting WPML support!

But please, how i can apply automatically the copy of the Custom Fields to all my posts.

Ok, let's assume that you set translation preference for the custom field(s) to copy. In order to get them working on translations, you need to edit the original (only clicking update will do). This will update the values on translations as well.

Since you have more than 2000 items, you can try bulk updating them (but not 2000 at once, as database may not allow it).

Therefore, can you go to posts/custom post/wherever these custom fields are, go to screen options at the bottom of the screen (see image), set "Number of items per page:" to something like 50 or 100 (depending on how much will work at once, maybe 100 would work), select all of them, select "Edit", "Apply" and then "Update"? This will copy custom fields values to translations (for those set to "Copy" or "Copy once").

Regards,
Bruno Kos