Please make sure to update to WPML 4.3.6 and check our list of Known Issues before reporting

This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by european-solar-eventsS 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Assigned support staff: Bruno.

Author Posts
November 22, 2019 at 4:21 pm #5000315

european-solar-eventsS

I am trying to:
migrate all content from qtranslate to WPML

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
image attached

After following all the steps included in https://wpml.org/documentation/related-projects/qtranslate-importer/ there´s this Warning: Use of undefined constant TEMPLATE_PATH - assumed 'TEMPLATE_PATH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in E:\Xampp\htdocs\viveti\wp-content\themes\Divi\functions.php on line 7198

As you can see, there´s an issue with the constant. It can be a syntax error in php version.
How can I go ahead?

November 23, 2019 at 12:38 pm #5003993

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Thank you for contacting us. Please, change the line in our documentation from:

include TEMPLATE_PATH . '/qt-importer-redirects.php';

to

require_once get_template_directory() . '/qt-importer-redirects.php';

*Note: make sure that the file qt-importer-redirects.php is within your theme directory.

Please, let me know if after following these steps, the warning message is still displayed.

Thank you.

November 25, 2019 at 10:40 am #5011041

european-solar-eventsS

Hi there,
the warning is no longer shown but the pages are not linked after the redirection code (see attachment). If I click on any menu element, the web are not going to the right page.
We use DIVI as theme and constructor. Before going ahead changing anything else (I´ve seen translation management as the best deal for changing taxonomies) I would like to be 100% sure of the next step.
In the menu WPML>languages I can´t choose the option "different languages in directories" because it seems that directory languages does not work for any reason.
By the way, no configuration were done after the installation of WPML waiting for the optimal solution in this case.

November 25, 2019 at 12:56 pm #5012213

Bruno
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Portuguese (Brazil) (Português )

Timezone: America/Sao_Paulo (GMT-03:00)

Hi,

Glad to hear that it now works. As the original issue is resolved may I kindly ask you please to open a new ticket for your new question? According to our guidelines, only one issue per topic is allowed. Also, this will also help other users with similar problems find solutions when searching the forum.

Thank you.

November 25, 2019 at 2:17 pm #5014547

european-solar-eventsS

Ok.
This ticket is closed and I proceed to open a new one with the other topic.
Thanks

November 25, 2019 at 2:18 pm #5014555

european-solar-eventsS

My issue is resolved now. I proceed to open a new one with the other topic, following the support team instructions.
Thanks

December 4, 2019 at 9:51 am #5066853

european-solar-eventsS

Hi support team,
the nightmare is back.
I thought the issue was solved but it´s not.
I still working locally with xampp. Unfortunately, I can´t show you the problem online.
After adding url redirects php document inside the main theme folder, I placed the command

require_once get_template_directory() . '/qt-importer-redirects.php';

in functions.php in the same folder.
It doesn´t work at all. Now, I can see the following
I can see now inside the file qt-importer-redirects.php this warning:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected end of file in E:\Xampp\htdocs\vivo\wp-content\themes\Divi\qt-importer-redirects.php on line 389

That line is empty. I type
?>
in order to close the sentence, but it makes nothing.
Please, help me because I really need to finish with this issue. If you need the content or whatever, just tell me.
Wait for your answer.