This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Shekhar Bhandari 6 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
March 28, 2019 at 1:35 pm #3481517

paulL-10

I am trying to:

I have created a staging website in order to convert from using qTranslate X to WPML and have disabled all plugins and reverted to TwentyFifteen theme.

I am wanting to convert existing content in English & Welsh created in qTranslate X into WPML.

When I run the WPML Import tool, it recognises that there are 2 languages (en,cy) and continues to do the import process.

Once finished, I check Posts & Pages and instead of it creating 2 seperate versions, 1 English and 1 Welsh, it creates 2 versions of every page in English and rewrites the slug with -1.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:

Admin area

I expected to see:

All existing content to be split into English and Welsh.

Instead, I got:

All existing content duplicated, with no welsh translation.

March 29, 2019 at 4:55 am #3487913

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

It seems you are using an outdated version of the plugin, we recently released new versions of WPML plugins with fixes and improvements so could you please update the plugin to the latest version and let me know if this helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Look forward to your reply.

Thanks

April 3, 2019 at 2:16 pm #3527009

paulL-10

Hi Shekhar,

I have now updated the WPML plugin to the latest version and tried the import again. However, I am still having the same issues.

It doesn't create the pages / posts in the second language, it just duplicates the pages in English.

Any further ideas?

Kind regards,
Dan

April 4, 2019 at 4:09 am #3531999

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

The issue you reported is already escalated to our 2nd tier supporter and they are working on it. I have added the ticket on the internal escalated ticket and will respond to you as soon as possible.

Thanks

April 12, 2019 at 3:49 pm #3600373

paulL-10

Hello Shekhar,

Thanks for escalating this for me.

Do you have any updates?

Kind regards,
Dan

April 15, 2019 at 3:09 am #3609291

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

This is to inform you that the issue fix is included in the latest version of the plugins, so would you mind updating your plugin to the latest version and let me know if that helps?

NOTE:

+ Make a backup (both files and database) for your site before updating/proceeding anything (Always a good practice!). You can use a plugin for this if you like. I often use the Duplicator plugin for this purpose. See: http://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/

Thanks

The topic ‘[Closed] qTranslate X Cleanup and WPML Import not working correctly.’ is closed to new replies.