This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This topic contains 8 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikolaosM-3 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Shekhar Bhandari.

Author Posts
May 25, 2018 at 12:22 pm #2229201

nikolaosM-3

Guys i dont need help with anything just a simple question to understand something.
I am translating a website at the moment that has enough content around 100.000 words and many pages.
I started translating all pages 1 by 1 texts , words etc.
And now i am trying to translate strings so inside strings i saw that all the pages i have translated are also inside strings where it says page-builder-shortcode-strings.

And my question is the following?Was i able to translate all website and pages and all texts through string translation?Because as i did page by page and all pages had same texts i think if i did it through the string translation i would save time because 1 string translation would apply to all pages?

Can you explain me if it can be done like this in order to know in future?Now i that have translated pages is there any reason to translate the same strings in page-builder-shortcode-strings inside string translation?

If i could translate everything from String Translation i think i did a mistake that i did that from editing pages.

Thanks for explanation.

May 28, 2018 at 11:13 am #2238097

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kathmandu (GMT+05:45)

Hello there,

Thank you for contacting WPML support. I'd be happy to assist you further on this issue.

Yes, you can translate those strings appearing in string translations from both places, page editor, and string translations but it's recommended to use page editor as it will be much easier to translate the content.

Let me give you an example, a page with title and content and some page builder elements are sent for translations, since only the page builder elements will appear in string translation you have to translate few strings from strings translation and go again to translate the other remaining elements such as title and content in the page editor. So, I recommend you to use translation editor (Page editor).

Let me know if this helps.

May 29, 2018 at 5:41 am #2242871

nikolaosM-3

Ok i will follow this method then. The point is the following lets say i have 20 pages in which i have a builder element with the same text.Or a plugins element with the same text(string) in all 20 pages.If i translate this string from string translation it will apply on all 20 pages?Or i should translate it via page editor for all 20 pages?

Thanks

May 29, 2018 at 10:59 am #2244843

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Hello there,

If I translate this string from string translation it will apply on all 20 pages? Or I should translate it via page editor for all 20 pages?

If you still use string translation you will need to translate it for 20 domains as the domains for each page will be different, so I recommend you to translate it via page editor.

Thanks

May 30, 2018 at 7:05 am #2249155

nikolaosM-3

No i dont speak about different domains lets say i have 20 pages for locations that inside they have a visual composer element with a string inside(text).This text is teh same for all 20 locations(pages).If i translate this string it will applty in visual composer element in all 20 pages, or i need to translate all 20 via page editor?I ask because i need to understand how wpml works and if i can save time next time.

Thanks.

May 30, 2018 at 7:15 am #2249188

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

No, you have to translate those strings separately for each page.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks

May 30, 2018 at 11:17 am #2250753

nikolaosM-3

Ok thanks for answers, can i ask 1 more question?
To translate woocomerce strings on site do i need to activate woocomerce plugin or can i translate woocomerce through string translate of wpml sice it shows woocomerce strings?

May 30, 2018 at 11:19 am #2250755

Shekhar Bhandari
Supporter

Sure,

Just to translate WooCommerce Strings you can translate without installing the WooCommerce Multilingual, but to make WooCommerce work properly with multi-language you should install this plugin, so I recommend you to install this plugin as this is required the plugin.

Thanks

May 31, 2018 at 7:17 am #2254627

nikolaosM-3

Thanks for all answers Shekhar great explanation! If i need anything else ill ask!