This is the technical support forum for WPML - the multilingual WordPress plugin.

Everyone can read, but only WPML clients can post here. WPML team is replying on the forum 6 days per week, 22 hours per day.

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:Question about URL format

Solution:This message you are seeing can often be a "false negative" , meaning that even though you are seeing this warning the site is still working as expected.

language in directories URL structure will not work on a site that has WP installed in a subdirectory, and best way to test if the language in directories is working as expected is by visiting the front end.

if you are not getting a 404, blank screen or 403 error then you can move forward and ignore this warning

Relevant Documentation:

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by nikolaosM-3 1 year, 5 months ago.

Assigned support staff: Bobby.

Author Posts
May 23, 2018 at 7:22 am #2212945

nikolaosM-3

Hello team im translating atm a site with WPML and i want to ask a simple question:
I use Different languages in directories format and as of now it seems that tranlating works fine although site is not lice yet but from what i can see i can translate normally.

The point is below i see this message with red color:
It looks like languages per directories will not function.

Will this cause any trouble?Can you help me get rid this message somehow?
Already i have translated the half site i must mention.

What can we do for this message?

Thanks.

May 23, 2018 at 7:13 pm #2218064

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

Hi There,

This message you are seeing can often be a "false negative" , meaning that even though you are seeing this warning the site is still working as expected.

language in directories URL structure will not work on a site that has WP installed in a subdirectory, and best way to test if the language in directories is working as expected is by visiting the front end.

if you are not getting a 404, blank screen or 403 error then you can move forward and ignore this warning 🙂

May 24, 2018 at 8:30 am #2220625

nikolaosM-3

In frontend translation appear fine. So that means i can continue with no problem now or in the future?Is there a posibility that this may cause an error in future?And if i want to remove this message is there an easy way to do this?

Thanks Bobby.

May 24, 2018 at 6:22 pm #2224973

Bobby
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Los_Angeles (GMT-07:00)

As long as the front end and switching between languages is working as expected you should not expect any issues and you can move forward ignoring this warning.

at the moment unfortunately there is no way to remove the warning.

May 25, 2018 at 6:47 am #2227052

nikolaosM-3

Thanks a lot Bobby